Ruger M-77 1980 trigger overtravel adjust set screw

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BC Bill

Bearcat
Hi.i have a 1980 ruger m-77 in 280 rem that i have use in 20 years now I see that i have to replace the trigger overtravel adjustment set screw. Any info on where to get replacement screw or what to do. Thanks Bill

Hi.i have a 1980 ruger m-77 in 280 rem that i have use in 20 years now I see that i have to replace the trigger overtravel adjustment set screw. Any info on where to get replacement screw or what to do. Thanks Bill
I think if you call Ruger they send you what you need now. None of my Tangers have the overtravel change I am changing the sears and adjusting safely. Pretty sure it is just like Remington walker triggers all the problems are people adjusting them that do not know what they are doing.

I just saw a post where someone got the overtravel set screw part sent to them by Ruger. I do not think it is a part you can just order they have to look at serial to keep track of it being done. Or there are aftermarket triggers some need a little wood removed to change in tang models.

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
A polite call to Ruger may get you a more positive outcome. Just because they don't list a part,, doesn't ALWAYS mean they don't have some or can't get some.

Latest posts