Ruger LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigtheno

Bearcat
I'm looking at getting a LCP with a wallet holster as a backup "holy crap" gun to carry with me at all times. I normally carry a Taurus PT145 compact and will continually carry it (until Ruger comes out with a SR45C) but I would like something smaller and better to conceal with it. Something I can stick in my back pocket all the time and not know it's there...until I need it. My question to the group is, is the LCP a good choice for that? Is there any problems I need to be careful of putting this pistol in my back pocket? And anything else you can think of that might be of interest to me. Thanks for any help you all can give.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
I prefer front pocket carry, but that is just a personal choice.
There are many good small 380 pistols on the market now, and they are all pretty good.
I own the LCP, TCP, P380, Bodyguard, P3-AT, and a couple of others, but I carry the LCP everyday.

arrowhd

Bearcat
I think the LCP would fit your need perfectly. I carry mine daily in my front pocket. I have carried in my rear pocket also. Most of my rear pockets aren't deep enough to conceal properly though. Pick up a nice pocket holster and you should be good to go.

toysoldier

Hunter
Rear pocket carry is possible if you choose your pants carefully. If you have trouble getting your wallet in and out, you'll have a problem with the LCP.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
toysoldier said:
Rear pocket carry is possible if you choose your pants carefully. If you have trouble getting your wallet in and out, you'll have a problem with the LCP.

+1

The LCP is a perfect gun for what you are wanting... :)

Lateck,

smokeyw

Bearcat
I carry my LCP every day in my rear pocket. With this holster it prints like a wallet and also feels like one to me. It is so comfortable you will forget it is there. If the pistol is needed, you can pull it out so fast you won't believe it.
http://pocketholsters.com/Ruger_LCP_380_Pocket_Wallet_Ho/ruger_lcp_380_pocket_wallet_ho.html

018.jpg

019.jpg

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
boomer1 said:
Hey Jeff,

I really like your reviews! Keep up the great work!

boomer

Thank you, Sir. I hope to be doing this for many more years. The first ten were a lot of fun.

bigtheno

Bearcat
thanks for the help everyone! I would like to shoot one first but I am now definitely interested in the Ruger LCP

Believer

Bearcat
I stopped at a local shop and found an LCP that had just found it's way there. Box, case, paperwork including original receipt. 1 box of ammo shot through it, about a year and a half old. Great find at about $100 below average retail, couldn't believe my luck that day. Keep your eyes open, I had planned to get one in the future, the future just came around a little quicker than I expected.

And a rear pocket holster? I'd have to check the gun's weight rating first! :D

bigtheno

Bearcat
does anyone know if Ruger is planning on coming out with a LCP or a like in 32ACP? I know KelTec has one in 32ACP but would love a Ruger in that caliber. Anything?

Lateck

Single-Sixer
bigtheno said:
does anyone know if Ruger is planning on coming out with a LCP or a like in 32ACP? I know KelTec has one in 32ACP but would love a Ruger in that caliber. Anything?

WHY? There is enough arguments against the .380 round already. People will burn Rugers in effigy if they go smaller... :cry:
Look at the general comments about the new LC9 :roll:

(Although it would be nice)

Lateck,