LCP on sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Armybrat

Buckeye
I paid $300 for my first LCP in 2008. Granddaughter has it now.
This one cost me $170 on a close out at Dick's before they went woke a few years back. Still haven't fired it.
761CE742-9491-4623-8933-B81E40572EAD.jpeg

I was at the shot show when Ruger brought those out. There were rumors that they sold a half million of them that show. I guess you could say it was a home run. I'm sure it's way past that number long ago, then add the various versions. They did well.

Armybrat

Buckeye
I got my first one in 2003, for $159:

View attachment 39280

No, wait - that was 5 years before Ruger started making the LCP.
:cool:
I had a P32 that was a good reliable shooter. Followed it with a P3AT which wasn't reliable.
That's when I bought into the copycat LCP line.
But wish I still had that P32 with its hard chrome slide.
24EF7CB6-517E-4822-8611-2E1E59269C6A.jpeg

...But wish I still had that P32 with its hard chrome slide...

The P32s are very nice - I had one for years, but just traded mine for a Ruger Security-380 (arthritis was making that tiny slide tough to manipulate). Very happy with the S-380, it's one of my "fun guns" for both shooting & reloading!
:)

I really like the LCP. I have two-a Custom and an Anniversary. I took a small pistol, more or less pocket size, self defense course, about 4-5 hrs. I shot at least 100 rds. I used the Custom. One other person had a LCP II. Everyone else were shooting G43 and Shield size pistols. I did really well with the LCP Custom. I shot this gun often and knew I needed two bandaids on my middle finger "Glock knuckle". By the end of the day I had wore a whole through both bandaids. Unfortunately arthritis has caused me to retire the LCPs and I now pocket carry a G42 with Underwood 68gr Xtreme Defender standard pressure or +P. Back when I could shoot the LCP, if I could have only two handguns it would have been the LCP Custom and a Glock 26. I had a number of much more expensive handguns but these would be my choices for practical use regardless of cost. I have 700+ rounds through the Custom without one "issue"!

Armybrat

Buckeye
I really like the LCP. I have two-a Custom and an Anniversary. I took a small pistol, more or less pocket size, self defense course, about 4-5 hrs. I shot at least 100 rds. I used the Custom. One other person had a LCP II. Everyone else were shooting G43 and Shield size pistols. I did really well with the LCP Custom. I shot this gun often and knew I needed two bandaids on my middle finger "Glock knuckle".
You ought to try shooting the new LCP Max.
It is lots easier on my arthritic hands with its greatly improved grip & slightly heavier weight. Not to mention the real sights.
Still kinda snappy though.
1FBE1DD7-AA0F-4E97-999B-8D47F942C302.jpeg

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
My goal is to put 1000 rounds through mine, assessing its condition and reliability along the way.

So far, only 189 rounds through mine and only recently did I have my first failure.

I intend to have it as a carry gun, because in summertime it is so easy to conceal.

These are so close to the Kel-Tec design, how is it that Kel-Tec did not sue?

You ought to try shooting the new LCP Max.
It is lots easier on my arthritic hands with its greatly improved grip & slightly heavier weight. Not to mention the real sights.
Still kinda snappy though.View attachment 39306
The Max has a lot going for it. But I really like the G42. The only downside of the 42 is capacity. I have a Pierce +1 extension giving me a total of 8 rounds. Much better than a snubbie 5 rounds. But admittedly I have a weakness for snubbies.

...These are so close to the Kel-Tec design, how is it that Kel-Tec did not sue?

I'm not sure if Kel-Tec patented any of their early designs, or if that was even possible. A lot of companies copied Kel-Tec designs - I think P11 "knock-offs" were manufactured by Cobra, Skyy/Sccy, Standard Arms, Talon, and maybe others. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.
:)

fp2000h

Bearcat
I just picked one up at Academy. I had wanted to add one back in the collection, and this one I'll keep. I got my Crimson Trace LG-431 trigger guard laser in today and a wallet holster coming from Talon. I just need to order some .380 from Precision One. Buffalo Bore and Underwood is just too stout for little Elsie, but the Precision One is loaded with Hornady XTP and is a very comfortable round at approximately 925 fps and still a formidable load as far as .380 goes.

magnum0710

Bearcat
I got the LCP with stainless slide and aluminum trigger for $220 a couple months back. Could have got the standard LCP for $199 but wanted the "better" trigger. It's the same trigger as the LCP Custom.
I couldn't be happier with it, it's in my pocket as we speak loaded with 99 grain HSTs. Couldn't have got it at a better time since my EC9s has been having problems recently.

Latest posts