Ruger LCP in Phoenix news

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Since the shooting in Tucson the Phoenix TV talking heads have been on a frenzy. The other night they interviewed a female politician who was carrying concealed in the capital building in Phoenix. She even opened up her shopping bag size purse and showed the little Ruger logo padded case with her LCP inside. Said she felt safer. Also said she was ignoring the no weapons signs on the doors and indicated that lawmakers routinely carry in the capital building.

Thought the LCP was cool although how she could ever find it in a hurry is a mystery.

Yawn

Blackhawk
My Pops used to call my mom on her ceel phone, not get through, and then leave a message as if he was her phone, lost deep in the darkness of her purse. Good for that politician. I have a feeling Miss Gifford will come out again for the 2nd amendment despite these horribly trageic events.

tcanthonyii

Bearcat
Wow she's brazen! Isn't that a felony that could get you to loose your gun rights? Go her though. Not being able to carry in any area is just assanine to me. The BG's don't give a flying F if it's legal or not.

resident

Single-Sixer
It seems a shame there weren't some CCW's at the Tuscon event. Might've saved the taxpayers a lot of money.

tcanthonyii

Bearcat
resident said:
It seems a shame there weren't some CCW's at the Tuscon event. Might've saved the taxpayers a lot of money.

I've been thinking the same thing since it happened.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
resident said:

My thoughts too. Supposedly one of the guys who tackled the shooter was carrying. Not enough time to draw and the place was full of people anyhow and it was chaos.

I think the TV channel opened a big can o worms. If I ever go to the capital I'm carrying and am gonna cite the TV interview and claim if the lawmakers can ignore the rules so can I.

agentadam

Single-Sixer
I remember an article a while back about arming the bankers. At least in the south, a courtroom judge can carry and can also give your permission to carry in his court.

Yawn

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ said:
resident said:

My thoughts too. Supposedly one of the guys who tackled the shooter was carrying. Not enough time to draw and the place was full of people anyhow and it was chaos.

I think the TV channel opened a big can o worms. If I ever go to the capital I'm carrying and am gonna cite the TV interview and claim if the lawmakers can ignore the rules so can I.

Actually... I think it was NBC that interviewed him. Younger guy, who did in fact have a firearm on his person. If I remember correctly, he was asked if he drew, but said that the he was already tackeled on the ground and he simply went to help get the Perp under control as it seems he was fighting with the tacklers. I was surprised that NBC would highlight that he had a gun and didn't seem antagonistic against him.

Richbaker

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ said:
resident said:

Good luck, the pols don't have to go thru the metal detectors, general public does.

Armybrat

Buckeye
ArmedinAZ said:
resident said:

Here in Austin we can carry in our Capitol - after a nutcase fired off a few rounds in the front of the building (he had been inside earlier), the DPS set up metal detectors at all entrances.

CHL holders & the politicians have an "express" line to skip the detectors.

I carried in there right before Christmas.

Gobs of lobbyists & newspaper types took CHL courses to get their "express pass" to avoid the common herd going through said detectors.

pyth0n

Buckeye
Here's the cnn piece about the armed citizen at Safeway, Joe Zamdio. Check out how the lefty mental pygmies titled it.
(from another forum)

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/01/14/ps.zamdio.tucson.hero.cnn?hpt=T2

Armybrat

Buckeye
pyth0n said:
Here's the cnn piece about the armed citizen at Safeway, Joe Zamdio. Check out how the lefty mental pygmies titled it.
(from another forum)

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/01/14/ps.zamdio.tucson.hero.cnn?hpt=T2

Holy Cow!

Nearly shot the wrong person"?

The guy never came close to drawing his weapon!

I think he ought to call them on that in his next interview.

Not sure about Arizona... but most politicians are actually immune from many laws while they are serving... check the state constitution.... probably much like our countries federal.... this is why the president can only be impeached by the congress. He or she is immune while serving.