Ruger LCP 2 22lr Performance upgrades

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rick42

Bearcat
I purchased the 22lr yesterday after doing lots of investigating. I see where some people do performance trigger and spring upgrades. Mostly Galloway parts. I have only fired 2 rounds from the new gun this morning , just to do so. Will be shooting it a lot this weekend. I have learned that it can be ammo sensitive , and the upgrades will help this. Anyone familiar with the upgrades ? Have you done any of them , if so , which ones , and was it an improvement. Thanks for any info you can share

hittman

Staff member
Do I see a rabbit hole in your immediate future?

Your "upgrades will help this" is yet to be determined. Only money and time will prove that.

If you have money you must spend, go for it. My opinion, worth as much as your opinion, would be to leave it completely stock, assuming it's working okay now.

This tiny little pistol is not, nor will it ever be a target gun. It's a little tiny gun, minimal in power, that you just want to work when you expect it to. I wouldn't mess with it.

rick42

Bearcat
Well I cleaned it , lubed it , and shot it. Shot blazers , winchester , CCI standard , and CCI mini mags. CCI standard failed to eject all 20 rounds fired. winchester had 5 no fire , wich turned out to be the bullet , but 3 of the 5 that did fire failed to eject. CCI mini mags all fired , but most of them would start into the chamber a little high , so I would have to push them down a little to enter the chamber. stingers would all fire but some also had to be pushed down to enter the chamber. Hmmmm.

hittman

Staff member
That's why I sold or traded mine and was happy to be rid of it.

But, I seem to be in the minority, I know.

rick42

Bearcat
Well I called Ruger and explained to them what it was doing. They said its probably the magazine. I purchased a 2nd mag when I bought the gun. So after marking each magazine , and firing rounds from both , it turned out the mag I bought from from Academy was bad. I took it back and they exchanged it. Brought it home and ran 100 rounds of CCI mini mags thru the 2 clips combined without a hiccup. ran perfect. I huess time will tell.

I'd suggest you wait til you have a problem before you start altering the pistol to correct a problem. My LCP .22s have been trouble free for the most part.
Mine too, and a LOT of rounds have gone through. CCI Stingers (and even Blazers), Aquila Super Extra (both regular and hollow point) A without problems. At the risk of repetition, if you want to put 22LR sub-sonics through a semi you should expect and will get problems. Just not enough oomph to re-cock dependably.