rarest Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Do stainless and walnut Lipseys mk 2 and Hawkeye RSIs count as rare?
I have 3.
260 and 243 are NIB and my 3006 has been fired but as new.
Sure would like to have the same in 308.

Not sure about rarity on some of my paddle stocks, but there's a lot of folks wanting the 260 and 7.62x39 that I have.

This in .222 are probably the rarest. Some with sights, some without sights.
Chet15

06dilly

Single-Sixer
I've got a Blued Single Ten in 5.5". The paperwork that came with it says it was a "prototype" donated to a charity auction. From what I understand the original Single Ten's were done in SS and were 5.5". Then Lipsey made them in SS and Blued in 4 5/8" but this is a Blued one in 5.5". The serial number lookup says it's a 4 5/8" model 8102 but it's not. I've not found another one.
-TomD

Strawdog

Bearcat
Rarest is such a subjective term. Some of the guns mentioned here I'd consider obscure and the next guy may do cartwheels over them.

There's a lot of things that can define rare. Guns marked with "D" or "S" or "U" or " * ". Depending on your definition those are rare or just regular production guns with an oddity. The full auto guns are rare or maybe not if you have a certain license or worked in law enforcement. Guns exported and then brought back with the proof marks. And the list goes on and on.

Part of what makes great conversation and the hobby more fun and interesting,
Well this totally make me wonder... My Service Six has several. What does this mean?
8ednFkxl.jpg

akmania

Single-Sixer
What is a stainless 4 5/8" single ten worth? I've seen one for sale on a local board.

Last edited:

06dilly

Single-Sixer
What is a stainless 4 5/8" single ten worth? I've seen one for sale on a local board.
Well, they used to be $700 or so. One seller on GB keeps a listing running (and running) at $1499 with no takers. It's the one Single Ten I'm missing but I am not that interested in completing the collection at $1499.

akmania

Single-Sixer
Well, they used to be $700 or so. One seller on GB keeps a listing running (and running) at $1499 with no takers. It's the one Single Ten I'm missing but I am not that interested in completing the collection at $1499.
This one is $675

Stymie820

Bearcat
You know, the weird thing is that I have a folder on my computer called "OPS" (for Other People's Stuff) and I went looking in there just now for a pic of Steve's lightweight Blackhawk. I didn't find that pic, but I did find this one:

View attachment 38298
The filename is "Smoothbore_357_Redhawk_501-15754_Affiliated_FL_28Jul2007", so apparently it was not RIA after all, but Affiliated Auctions that had it. I thought it was a .357 but wasn't sure enough to say that in my original post yesterday, but it seems it was.
I had one of these, not smooth bore but was great pistol. Wish I had not sold it.

harley08

Blackhawk
Rarest is such a subjective term. Some of the guns mentioned here I'd consider obscure and the next guy may do cartwheels over them.

There's a lot of things that can define rare. Guns marked with "D" or "S" or "U" or " * ". Depending on your definition those are rare or just regular production guns with an oddity. The full auto guns are rare or maybe not if you have a certain license or worked in law enforcement. Guns exported and then brought back with the proof marks. And the list goes on and on.

Part of what makes great conversation and the hobby more fun and interesting,
I have a Ruger 10/22 with a D in the serial #
I also have a Ruger AR15 that came with 2 barrels, 5.56 and 300 blackout, it also came with a case that holds everything including magazines!

hittman

Staff member
I remember many firearms I've missed out on while sitting on the fence. 🤔
Oh I feel your pain. Any gun regrets for me are not what I sold but what I didn't buy.
The used Mini 14 many years ago in .222. What moron would want one of those? Think it was $500. :rolleyes:
And the mint stainless 44 Mag 5.5 inch Redhawk because then I "didn't do big bores". He was firm at $450.00. Idiot, :(

I'm sure there's more but I try to avoid thinking about them.

contender

Ruger Guru
Strawdog,, as noted above,, the markings on your gun are not the "critical" ones collectors seek.
Usually, the "D" & "U" are part of the serial number. The "S" guns can have the "S" on the main frame, and not under the grip. The military U.S. markings are also on the main frame.

Latest posts