Power Custom #5

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
I just got back from Ron's with my "new" #5 44 Special Flattop. The gun has the Power Custom #5 grip frame, hammer, and trigger and was done on a Lipsey's 44 special.

Words cannot describe the quality that went into this piece. Ron Power is truly a "Grand Master" and the gun proudly wears his logo, along with the logo from the American Pistolsmith Guild. The bluing is so deep it looks like you could swim in it, and the fit needs to be handled to be appreciated. I cannot feel where the grip frame mates with the gun.

The grips are fancy walnut done by none other than Ted Adamovich at Blu Magnum. Ron Power is the most particular and picky man I know, and when he saw the grips he said "They are PERFECT". Even today when I picked up the gun, he just kept saying how beautiful the grips are. I cannot agree more. This is my first set of grips that Ted has done, but will not be my last. The price is well worth it for the quality.

The front sight is a Jack Weigand model that makes replacing the blade a snap. I think I am going to like it very much.

Ron did so many little extra things to this gun it would be hard to list them all; things like checkering the loading gate and ejector rod button, cutting grooves in the sight base to reduce glare, jeweling the hammer and trigger.....

My picture taking ability does not do justice to this gun, but take my word for it....it is amazing.

Ron has a few of the #5 grip frames left. When these are gone, there may not be another run of them. Ron has not decided yet if there will be more of them or not. They will work on OM's and NM's alike.

The only problem I have, is I am afraid that search for the ideal handgun may be over for me. As JT always says the fun is in the search. I may have to disagree with him though when he says it is never really found. ;)

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Very nice!

I must say, my Lipsey's .44 has me thinking of modifications. Not that it needs them, but it's my only non-Bisley SA, for one. I'm also thinking that getting another one, cutting it down to 3.5", and putting a bird head grip frame on it would be quite, um, special.

But that's a very nice piece you've got there...

-- Sam

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
Thanks Sam

It is my first true "custom" and I am a pretty happy camper tonight. I just got back from shooting it, and I like it even more now. :wink:

Rainman

Blackhawk
BigMuddy:
I've looked at your post several times since you put it on yesterday. I think that one of the most appealing Blackhawks I have ever seen anyone post on here.

That may actually be the perfect sixgun- caliber and configuration.

Really nice,
dan

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
Thank you ALL for the kind remarks. A work of art that I can shoot sure describes it.

We (me and the gun) are going camping this weekend. It should get a pretty good work out.