PCC For Home Defence

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
Down side is size and weight compared to a pistol, but they are often easier to shoot well.

Take a look at the Ruger LC Carbine in 5.7x28, if your state allows it.

The 9mm option I favor, due to overall length, is the Beretta CX4.

Probably no 'downside'. A carbine is both easier to retain and easier to aim than a handgun (IMHO). Ammo performance will be enhanced and muzzle blast reduced by the longer barrel.
Your comment about "Plus recoil (of an AR) may be too much for wife." indicates she's not an experienced shooter. The best tactic for her would be to fort up in whatever room is chosen and stay there meaning no 'house clearing' so big disadvantage to a PCC.

Wvfarrier

Blackhawk
My wife uses a Henry Steel in 357 mag, loaded with Underwood 38 +ps. It holds 12 rounds and the recoil is super mild (my 6 year olds shoot it). I have it set up with a red dot and streamlight pro tac light.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
My wife has one=loves it. However, she has a laser equipped Glock in her nightstand (same as her 24/7 CCW). We have a short-barreled Winchester Mod 12 in the closet if more is needed (She's used to 12 gauge recoil). For any "bug-out" conditions, we have an M-1 carbine, my AR556, and her PCC9. We like the PCC9 because it will take the same mags as her G19. We have pre-ban (here in WA) 32 rnd mags and one 50 rnd.

I think it would work well for home defense.
20230425_182610.jpg

Less flash, bang and recoil. Effective ammo available for anything but an armored target. Anyone who wants to shoot an unsuppressed AR or any rifle in a confined space is a fool.

Douglas S

Bearcat
Less flash, bang and recoil. Effective ammo available for anything but an armored target. Anyone who wants to shoot an unsuppressed AR or any rifle in a confined space is a fool.
That's why I got a PCC instead of an AR in .556. If I lived on 5 acres in rural southern California worrying about drug mules at 200 yards I'd get an AR but PCC is fine for anything I'll ever have to handle in a neighborhood with .2 ac lots.

Latest posts