Ruger PCC 9mm problem getting trigger assembly seated - solved

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Douglas S

Bearcat
I have gotten help from this forum before so I wanted to post a PSA. I had disassembled the lower receiver components and could not get the trigger assembly to fully seat. After a lot of tinkering and internet research, I realized the worn buffer plate would not seat and the distorted hole and retaining washer weren't flush, so the trigger assembly wouldn't seat to line up with the retention pins. Apparently the OEM parts wear way too easily, particularly since this is the part you grab to take the bolt out. This distortion was enough to prevent proper seating of the trigger assembly on top of the buffer so it would align with the holes in the lower receiver for retention pins.

M*Carbo makes an aftermarket upgrade. This should solve the problem and I'll report back in 7-10 days (awaiting delivery}

buffer assembly2.jpg
buffer assembly1.jpg

Douglas S

Bearcat
Bumping this thread. Changing out the OEM with the M*Carbo replacement buffer and steel retention ring did the trick. Per the photos at the top, that wear showing up in the OEM buffer and retainer was just enough to keep the bolt assembly from seating so that the trigger assembly would align in the lower receiver.

Attachments

• ruger-pcc-retainer-05.jpg
    ruger-pcc-retainer-05.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 44

9x19

Hunter
PC Carbine trigger group is nearly identical to the 10/22... I thought the mystery was gone long ago with those.

Latest posts