P-89 Modification to P-95 Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jiggerman78

Bearcat
Looking forward to this. Report back and let me know how it feels. I'm still waiting on Midway

WayniacKT

Bearcat
I made this mod to my 89 some time ago and never regretted it. One of the best mods u can do to this gun. Thanks again to Johnboy for all the info.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I like the way the P-95 trigger feels too!!
It almost makes the trigger feel lighter..
Gotta Love that!!

pa010011.jpg

pa010012.jpg

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Glad this mod' is catching on more, I hate the P89 trigger. I love my P89 with the P95 trigger. This idea originally came from forum member "airwin", but I ran away with it and tried to "sell" it to the forum.

While mine was stripped waiting for dura-coat, I took the liberty of rounding the trigger-gaurd. The rounded trigger-gaurd on the 89 looks really good IMO.

Dscf6281w.jpg

BerettaPistols, you're 89 is looking really good, very nice work. Nice "how-to" posts as well.

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
"Maybe a stupid question but I won't know unless I ask...

Will this work on a P85?

Thanks,

rugnelli"

Not a stupid question. From my understanding, doing it to the 85 should be no problem.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I too would think that "It Should" work in a P85/P85 MKII..
You could download both Owners manuals from Ruger & see if there the same part #..
And even if there not it still "Might" work..
I'm really happy with this Modification & just recieved a set of Hogue Grips from Flash Yesterday..
The trigger pull is so much better with the P-95 trigger..
Gary/bp

"Project P-89" Wearing Hogue Grips!! Thanks to Flash!!
SUPER RARE!! 1993 First Year P-89TH
pa030017.jpg

pa030020.jpg

JonFrankMc

Bearcat
I have been trolling this forum for quite some time. It is very informative and has helpful people.

After seeing this, And since I love my p89 brick, I ordered a p95 trigger. My plan is to install it today and had one question.

There has been mention of the lip on the front of the trigger, is everyone removing it or leaving it?

For reference here is a picture from the first page:

1h6xon.jpg

Picture from gb6491

Any reply would be greatly appreciated

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
correction.. it appears that I actually did file that down, pretty sure it does not affect function either way. Old age you know, does things to the ol memory :shock:

JonFrankMc

Bearcat
Thanks TruthNotRelative, I did this yesterday and I love it. Should make for an improvement at the range. I will take pics this weekend when things slow down!

Truth, are you running the lighter hammer spring?

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Factory spring is 22lb, I just have the 21lb Wolff spring in mine. Some go as low as 19lb. I honestly don't remember if there is much of a difference between the 22lb and the 21lb spring as I pretty much have been using the latter from the start.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Truthnotrelative, you've done a GREAT job making the tutorial on these triggers. I have question, does anyone know if the recoil springs from other P-series pistols can be used in the P95? I know the P95 has a captured design and some of the others don't. It seems to me like the P93 9mm spring might work.

airwin

Bearcat
FergusonT035, the site from Wolff Gun Springs will give you all answers:

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/RUGER/P%20Series%20Pistols/cID1/mID52/dID220

Latest posts