No1 wish list

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Would like to see Jason at Lipsey's talk Ruger into making a 17 HMR in the old obsoleted K (stainless) model, with a heavy varmint barrel and wood or laminate stock and a target forend.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I like the idea of a 17 hmr many would like a 22 lr but I think the 17 would be a hit or maybe a 17 hornet.

After reading all the other posts I realize that I'm not the only one who would like to see a 1-A or 1-B or RSI in 35 Rem. I got tired of waiting this year and had a RSI re-barreled just so I could have one while I was still young enough to hunt with it.

bigskyguy

Single-Sixer
I wish that they would make several more offerings available in the same configuration as the 25-06 AH's from a few years back.

24" light barrels and circassian walnut! Another cool variation would be the 1a configuration but with the 24" barrel instead of 22".

I have a 338-06 that I bought second hand that is set up that way, and it is sweet!

STURMRUGERFAN

Bearcat
Ray Newman said:
A .303 British would be awfully tempting....

For sure it would. I would like to see some RSI's also produced in

.308 Win
.30-40 Krag
6mm Rem.
6.5 Rem Mag
and 7mm-08

Why I don't know. I just like the RSI's and a little variety

Let me add my name to the list of people wanting a No.1 in 348 Winchester. I'd prefer a stainless & walnut 1A but beggars can't be choosers. I'd buy the same gun in 7.62 X 54R and 38/55. Don't forget the 38/55!

Single-Sixer
Gotta' think by now someone is getting the idea we want a 35 caliber. .358, .348, .35 Rem., etc. ---in a 1A would be grand, lets just hope there is going to be a "next year" for the Number One.

trapperon

Blackhawk
I'm in for the 348 1A. I'm thinking blued and walnut is a good match for this classic!

Its the one and only that would make me leave my 1A lipseys 35 whelen at home!!!

Ron

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
I don't want to throw cold water on all you 348 Winchester wanters, but here is what I believe the issue to be: who knows just how long it has been since a Manufacturer chambered a rifle in 348 Winchester?? I don't know either, but would bet it hasn't been done since the Model 71 Winchester was discontinued, which was in the 1950's, I think. So where do you think Ruger would get the proof loads? That was the issue that delayed the recent Lipsey's K1A in 250 Savage for a couple of years.
That is the problem with a major Manufacturer chambering some of these "obscure" rounds that 3 people want.

bisley32

Single-Sixer
Davidsons done a run of Winchester 71's in 2013. I was lucky enough to get a deluxe model with serial number 1. I was and still am a happy camper over that one!
PS
Add me to the 1a in 348 wish list. B32

trapperon

Blackhawk
Yes--Winchester just did a run of both standard and deluxe 71's and browning in the late 1980's produced 12,000 between standard, high grade rifle and carbine. I would think if it was possible for the 250 savage it should be possible for the 348--even if it takes a couple of years to pull it all together! It was probably the same scenario when the 405 was brought back recently by Winchester and ruger---had been several decades since that grand old round was produced in a rifle!!

Ron

El Numero Uno said:
I don't want to throw cold water on all you 348 Winchester wanters, but here is what I believe the issue to be: who knows just how long it has been since a Manufacturer chambered a rifle in 348 Winchester?? I don't know either, but would bet it hasn't been done since the Model 71 Winchester was discontinued, which was in the 1950's, I think. So where do you think Ruger would get the proof loads? That was the issue that delayed the recent Lipsey's K1A in 250 Savage for a couple of years.
That is the problem with a major Manufacturer chambering some of these "obscure" rounds that 3 people want.

Browning also did a run of '71's. There are factory loads and components available also. There is a following much higher than just 3. :wink:
Dave