No1 wish list

Help Support Ruger Forum:

No-1

Single-Sixer
OK what No1 would you like Ruger to build?
I figure a sure seller would be a stainless 30-06 International with black laminated stock.

JFB

Hunter
since you asked...
I want a 22LR, polished blue, walnut, express sights.
Should they make a 44Mag, I might even sell the #3 to open up a cabinet slot.

:shock: I just checked their web site...only 6 calibers!

picketpin

Buckeye
A factory 240 Weatherby. Preferably in an "S" but I'd settle for a "B" and put the AH forearm on it myself if I had to. I have the 270 WBY and the 300 WBY and wouldn't mind a 240 from the factory. I went ahead and built an "S" years ago but you can't re-chamber either a 243 or 6mm into a 240 so I had to use a Douglas barrel, so not factory roll marked. It shoots fine but I'd buy a factory one in a heart beat.

Heck if they'd oblige me with a 240 they might as well make an "AH" in 224 WBY but with a 24" barrel like the short run of 25-06. ;-)

Okay, a 17 Fireball in an "AH" and a "V" in 221 Fireball. There's still a few unfilled niches. :)

Chile: If I didn't have mine already I'd be right behind you at the check out stand. Tomorrow is opening day for deer. I'll be on the rim come daylight.

Everybody I have ever talked to at Ruger re: the 22RF has said one of three things. It''ll never happen , No and Hell no. ;-(

Now that they are changing chambering every year we might actually see a few more that they have never done or were done on a limited basis.

Ross

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
I "wish" I had a dollar for every internet thread that has ever dealt with this topic!

Then I could buy a No.1 that really is, or has been produced.

wunbe

Buckeye
My safe is already full of #1s in custom stalking rifles in 6,8 SPCII, 257 Roberts AI, 6.5x55, 7mm-08 and 280 REM AI; a 300 H&H in a 1S; 1Bs in 338-06, 338 Federal, and 9.3 x62; 41 Mag; and a .35 Whelen 1S -- none of which left the Ruger factory as they are now. With my disinterest in varmint and dinosaur calibers, it is hard to imagine any new #1 offering from Ruger that would have me reaching for my checkbook.

I have even turned to a bolt gun based on an FN Mauser action as my latest project gun due to the slim range of desirable #1 options.

The only factory #1 I lusted over and failed to find was a 6.5 Creedmore 1V in handsome wood.

And, of course, it should be clear to all that begging Ruger to make #1s to my specs has never worked.

wunbe

Vortex

Bearcat
I always thought one chambered for 35 remington and 444 Marlin would be a neat guns.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
No-1 said:
I figure a sure seller would be a stainless 30-06 International with black laminated stock.

+1, although I'd want mine in walnut. Been wishful Lipseys would start up a new LE series for the K1RSI. IF a 30-06 K1RSI laminate makes it to production, I'd likely get one also.

Single-Sixer
.358 Win., .35 Rem., .348 Win.---Heck, anything in .35 cal. they haven't done yet in a #1.

No-1

Single-Sixer
Rocdoc said:
No-1 said:

+1, although I'd want mine in walnut. Been wishful Lipseys would start up a new LE series for the K1RSI. IF a 30-06 K1RSI laminate makes it to production, I'd likely get one also.

Already have a walnut/blue one. Figured finding good wood long enough would be eliminated by using laminate. The whole thing would be pretty weatherproof w/SS.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Once they made the .300 H&H I was pretty such set. Only one I'd go for now would be a .22lr chambered one. Rather than just doing the common wishing and waiting, there's a host here, a #1A in .30-06 that'll at some point head out to get the conversion.