New Old Bisley Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ADP3

Single-Sixer
I have a 1985 .357 Bisley Blackhawk. Unfired with light turn line, box, shipper, and fluted cylinder. Excellent timing, tight lock-up, minimal barrel cylinder gap. I'm debating on whether to shoot it or move it on. Any idea on the number produced and current value. Many Thanks.

Best Regards,
ADP3
828D671B-925F-420C-A124-FA53E9B08A1A.jpeg

contender

Ruger Guru
Those are a bit desirable guns.
Ruger doesn't publish production numbers,, and even though we often use the RENE Guide as a way of determining production numbers of many firearms,, it's not always exact.

By the picture,, that should be a model RB-35.
If it has the "Southport Warning rollmark on the left side of the barrel, and the serial number falls into the following range; 36-72617 to 36-82144, the production numbers MAY be about 2000 guns.
As to value,, in the current market,, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect it to sell to a knowledgeable buy for around $1000.00.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Thanks for all of the replies. I haven't posted in quite a while but I always keep up on the content. It's in the lower end of the range that contender kindly provided, 36-74XXX. I'm leaning towards taking it to the range I just haven't pulled the trigger yet (bad pun intended). I'll have another week or so to ponder on it. We're being held hostage babysitting by our 21 month old grandson while his folks go to Canada so no opportunity to hit the range before Halloween. He is quite entertaining but it's like trying to keep up with a whirlwind.
Thanks again.

Best Regards,
ADP3

Onty

Single-Sixer
thats the good one, we liked the early "fluted" cylinder gun.........(y);)
On top of fluted cylinder, as far as I know, early Bisley revolvers had steel ejector rod, another big plus IMO. I have later Bisley 44 Magnum, 7.5", blue, and anodizing wear on ejector rod is visible. Even if I take it off and get it anodized again, I bet white spot on edges will show again. If ejector housing is a steel one, one of those blueing creams will fix it in no time.

Latest posts