Bisley blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crow#2

Single-Sixer
I was hoping to get a bisley blackhawk in 45colt. Can't find one ,if I do it's sold. I can get a vaquero bisley 45 colt
But still a little skeptical of the low left problems.A couple posts I read says it is really not that hard to fix.Elevation I understand. Curious what clocking the barrel would cost. I'm pushing it to buy the gun. And I can reload just need some equipment ,,sold it all. Thinking the lee liad all would work for me. I've loaded a bunch of calibers in the past.Anyway this is not a reloading post it's about yhe __#1____bisleyblackhawk and. #2 vaquero bisley.

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
I have three stainless Bisley Blackhawks all with 5 1/2 inch barrels. Two are 45 Colt and one is a 357 Mag. I have been searching for a Superblackhawk in 44 Mag to complete the set, but no luck.

I did buy a stainless Bisley Vaquero in 44 Mag so I am 'getting by'. It has a 5 1/2 inch barrel and is obviously an 'original, big frame, older' Vaquero. I am a casual shooter, so the issue of Vaqueros shooting 'low and to the left' really isn't an issue for me. I have adjustable sight SBH to take care of that.

You can adjust the point of impact of a particular load by changing the bullet's weight and speed. Reloading manuals have information in them about adjusting the loads to specific guns.

Are you also checking Guns International as well as Guns America? These are two other sites beside GunBroker. I just saw a couple Blackhawk Bisley 45Colt on Guns International but they were blued with 7.5" barrel. I have the same model in 44Mag and really like the sight radius.

crow#2

Single-Sixer
Sure have ,checked all 3 and alot more. I have the sbh ss 5.5 in. 44 mag being delivered tomorrow.Big Smile. I'm just wanting a 45lc in bisley bh or vaquero bisley. I knew I should have not got into this. I got the fever already. Just need more dollars to fuel the fire.

Congrats on the 5.5" 44!

Vaqueros really tug at the heart strings, so if you think you want one, you know it'll be bugging you until you get one. Same for the 45Colt. So you could knock out both with one purchase and just get a Bisley Vaquero in 45Colt. The only downside is that the ones most commonly found for sale now are the "New Vaquero" models. If I were going to get a 45Colt in a Vaquero model, I'd be sure to acquire the original (large cylinder frame) "Vaquero" since it'll allow you to fire the heavier loads in case you ever wanted to. If you don't get an original Vaquero in 45Colt, then I'd opt for the Blackhawk since it'll have the larger cylinder to handle heavy loads and give you adjustable sights. If you ever do shoot the "Ruger-only" loads, you might find the longer barrels a little less punishing.

Edited for typos

Last edited:

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk

There are several 45 Bisleys listed right now. And at reasonable prices.

Just a teaser! 😆

Attachments

• IMG_8200.jpeg
    IMG_8200.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 48
a lot of sellers on GB are not individuals but rather dealers that sell exclusively online. I've bought many and never had issues with them. I would be more leery if buying from an individual person. Also, some dealers selling on GB will allow a return within so many hours (or days) of receipt. If they're worth their salt, they'll communicate well about the gun before committing.

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
Got the .stainless 45 Colt Bisley in 2010; the dark blue .44 mag Bisley Super Blackhawk in 2013. The .44m I especially like because of the rounded trigger guard.

What's interesting about that stainless revolver is that even though I bought it new, its poor cosmetics should never have let it get out of the factory. You can see a scratch by the serial number, but what I had to take care of was a 1/8" divot in the ejector shroud. I ordered a new shroud from Ruger and don't remember what I did with the original. I should've complained to Ruger and sent them the gun to look at. Instead, I just paid something like $50 for a replacement shroud. Stupid, I know. It is a very accurate and pleasant shooter, though!

IMG_2006.jpeg IMG_2005.jpeg

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
a lot of sellers on GB are not individuals but rather dealers that sell exclusively online. I've bought many and never had issues with them. I would be more leery if buying from an individual person. Also, some dealers selling on GB will allow a return within so many hours (or days) of receipt. If they're worth their salt, they'll communicate well about the gun before committing.
The Gunbroker rating system is very effective in choosing a reputable seller.

it can be safe , but you can get taken on gunbroker just like any other site , big thing is to look at their feedback rating and how long they have been on gunbroker , also ask them questions ( the seller) thru the gunbroker system , ask for a phone # and call them , ask for their FFL number ,

( you don't need the whole FFL just the first 3 and last 5 numbers in their FFL license ) and

check it through the ATF ez check site , gunbroker has a link to that in their help for buyer section , bottom of the home page , first item under Buyers ,

gnappi

Single-Sixer
On GB I only buy from FFL dealers, in that case I think it's safe.

PS, there's a Bisley in .45 Colt pretty regularly there. Take this link once in a while:

Latest posts