New look for the FR series!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ernie Bishop

Bearcat
I know all of us can shoot 357 Mag a really long ways and hit our target every time IF our target is dirt
My 357 Mag FR should be ready in a couple of weeks time.
Never tried this before with a revolver, but this is what I am going to attempt.
It may be a royal flop, but if I fail, I fail.
With one cylinder full/6-shots, one-shot per target in 50 yard increments: 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, and 350 on 10" steel. Some of it might be on 5" steel at the closer ranges. Want to be able to shoot the string relatively fast, but scope choices can make that either faster or slower. LER scope will be slower I think, while I will be able to adjust for distance faster with a riflescope.
Next, I want to put 6-shots downrange @ 500 yards with a group of 10" or under.
I wan to try this with off the shelf Extremunition ammo. This is the ammo that Chris and I used at Bang's Paradise Valley Hunt Club back in September. Guessing a 180 grain XTP.
Then I want to try a 6-shot group with the 170 grain Sierra Tournament Master bullets, also loaded by Extremuntion.
Plan to video this and take some good pics.
Of course, there will be a need to chrono loads and then get a ballistic drop chart, then actual proves the data with real world drops.
100 yard zero.
Time frame will depend on work schedules and the weather forecast.
I may actually hunt with my FR before I do my distance goal.

Now, is there anything you would like for me to realistically try?
Any suggestions on how this should be set-up?
Not promising I am going to try it, but I will consider it.
Thanks!

Thinking about using the wireless Bullseye camera system .

Ernie Bishop

Bearcat
4 pounds of H110 was delivered yesterday and I took my Leupold/Burris Signature ZEE rings off of my 284 Winchester XP-100, so now just waiting on my FR which should be here late next week:happy dance:

Ernie Bishop

Bearcat

Here it is with my 2-7 Burris LER, and factory grips.

Below, with Leupold LR 4.5-14x40mm with ART Reticle, 30mm Burris Signature Zee Rings, Holland level, and Hogue grips.