New Lipsey's Exclusive Flattop Models

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Rclark said:
I like very much.... Finally a .357 on the 'right' platform with the 'right' barrel length. I asked my Lipsey's dealer here (Three Bears Alaska) to see if he can get me a blued 5 1/2" in. I also asked to recheck for a Single-Seven 5 1/2" ...... Not holding my breath though ... again.

We have some 5-1/2" Single Sevens in stock. Not many but 31 as of this morning.

Rclark

Hunter
Thanks very much Jason... I'll have to go out tomorrow and ask in person as he was supposed to call me today with yea or nay and pricing, but haven't heard a single word..... :(

Kanook

Buckeye
I guess not enough requests for a 10" barrel yet, oh well. I would prepay for (2).

Rclark

Hunter
Looks good. Just got word from my FFL that mine are on the way! Both the blued .357 and the .327! If all goes well should be shooting them this weekend.

gunsbam69

Hunter
I haven't even got my first shipment in and I'm already considering a stainless 5.5 for myself. The Bisley's fit me best, and it would sure be fun to convert one of these and make a varmint blaster out of it.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Well I just ordered a Blue 5.5" 357 Flattop from Lipsey's, should be in by Friday. I already had a 50th Year 4.62" 357 Flattop, so now I have a set to match my 44 Specials and 45 Colts. In the back of my mind I could see a stainless 357 Flattop rebored to .401 and the 357 cylinder rechambered to 38/40 and the 9mm cylinder to 10mm. Or better yet, Jason how about a factory run Flattop with a 10mm and 40 S&W cylinders, the best of both worlds. Bob!! :mrgreen:

k22fan

Blackhawk
Jason at Lipsey's said:
I've always wanted to do a 3 cylinder model 10mm / 40 S&W / 38-40. Maybe one day.

You'd sell at least one of them to me. The lowest priority of the three cylinders would be .40 but I'd fire quite a few .40s through it if I had it. The biggest draw back is that I wouldn't be able to resist buying a .38-40 rifle to go with the revolvers.

And the .40 cylinder is the only one I'd normally use. :mrgreen:

The semi-auto cartridges are very effective in a SA revolver, for much less than the cost of their revolver-cartridge counterparts.

WAYNO.

Rclark

Hunter
The semi-auto cartridges are very effective in a SA revolver, for much less than the cost of their revolver-cartridge counterparts.
Maybe, but there is nothing like stuffing big fat long .45 Colt cartridges into the cylinders than the shorter counter-parts.... :D . Maybe a bit less powder, but I use the same 250g RNFP in my .45 Auto cartridges, so not much 'savings'....

... I have a set to match my 44 Specials and 45 Colts.
Yep... Why I am looking forward to the .357 flattop also (all shooters, no safe queens). Then will have a complete 5 1/2" set of medium frame flattops (in the calibers I like) .... Including the large frame 50th .44Mag flattop at 6 1/2".

rangerbob

Buckeye
Rclark, I didn't mention that I also have the 50th year Flat top .44 Magnum and one of the WSS Flat top .41 Magnums and a Bisley 7.5 in .41 Magnum. BTW, I seem to have stirred up some interest in the .40/10mm/38-40 combo. Makes perfect sense to me. 40 S&W has got to be the 2nd most popular(best selling) centerfire pistol round out there. Brass around police ranges is plentiful and the 40, as well as the 10mm, are very easy to load. Another note, I see that Hornady bullets are back in stock with most distributors, Midway even has them on sale. Now if we could just find some powder( I actually turned down some 8# jugs of Unique offered by one of my distributors on Tuesday). Bob! 8)

Rclark

Hunter
You have 'stirred' the pot :D . You do have a more complete set of flattops for sure! But, I just don't have any interest in the .41, and very little in the auto calibers (9mm, 45ACP, 10mm, etc.). I don't have time right now just to get all the shoot'n in with my favorite calibers and BP 44s as it is :) . Why I've been a lot more 'selective' the last few years. The 5 1/2" .357 really interests me as I've never seen this barrel length from Ruger for .357/.38. It's my favorite barrel length. And for a grand bonus .... it is on the medium frame. Never thought I'd see the day in my lifetime (without going custom)! I see the 4 5/8" 50th .357 going into semi-retirement.