New LC9 Owner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NC2900

Bearcat
I posted my first thoughts in the "New Member" section yesterday after I had shot my new LC9 about 20 rounds. I mentioned how I was shooting about 10" low at 20 or so feet. Today I went back to the woods with a full 50 rd box and a target to figure out what I was doing wrong.
I spent about 3-4 hrs on the net last night reading about what could be the problem. After a grip adjustment, and putting less finger on the trigger I am hitting 4-6" groups @ 25ft. That may not sound like much to some but I am no comp shooter, and for me that qualities as "Nail Driving". The 2nd shot of the first group actually hit the center red dot of the target, I stopped because I thought that was a fluke. Then I put one on the right and one on the left, SWEET! I have just found my new CCW even though I have others in that category. I see what some mentioned about how they didn't like the trigger and understand how that could feel strange especially the long trigger pull. But for me it works.
:)

butch42

Bearcat
Captains1911 said:
I love my LC9. I think many who complain about the trigger are completely missing the design intent of the gun.

I agree, Its compact and easy to conceal and with some practice very accurate for me at 10-15 yards. I would suggest running 100-200 rds thru it before you use it for CC carry.

MESSY

Bearcat
Nice results. Practice, Practice! I don't own an LC yet, but I've dry fired several and the long trigger pull feels fairly smooth to me. Not overly heavy IMO either. I know that isn't shooting it, but I think I'd be fine with the trigger. Quite honestly I want this to be my next Ruger for hot weather/deep conceal carry and/or the wife's carry.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Glad to hear you solved your shooting issues. It also took me a little while to get used to the trigger, but now it's just second nature. Really enjoy my LC9.

exavid

Hunter
I bought my LC9 because I liked my little LCP so well. The LC9 has much the same trigger pull, long and smooth which is ideal for a carry gun that one wants to carry with a full magazine and one in the chamber. That long trigger pull obviates the need for a safety (although the LC9 has one) since it's pretty unlikely one could accidently pull the trigger on one of these. I find my LC9 surprisingly accurate and easy on the recoil. It's a keeper for me.

PhoenixFan

Bearcat
NC2900, Certainly join in with you and others in liking the LC9. I bought mine 6 weeks ago specifically for CCW and couldn't be happier with it for that purpose.
A little over 200 rds down the pipe now, various brands and styles, and yet to have the slighest problem. In my view, Ruger did good on this one!

oleozz

Bearcat
I've lost a bit of confidence in my LC9. Shot 70 rounds through it and it broke, sent it back to Ruger. They replaced the firing pin and firing pin spring and repaired the hammer catch spring. I had to chuckle a bit because on the condition notes they commented that it was received with scratches on the slide, I could have told them it was that way when I bought it.
After repair they fired 35 rounds of Black Hills 115g, FMJ without a malfunction. Hopefully this will fix it but one more trip back to Ruger and I will be selling the gun.

butch42

Bearcat
I feel the same way if my LC9 fails in any way it goes back to Ruger then its gone! I bought it for CCarry not target practice or plinking. If I ever have to pull my weapon in defence of my life or my wife's I want it to FIRE!!! I personally think from reading this forum to many LC9s are going back for warrenty work. My Glock 26 works every time and so does my S&W 60.

jimbo50

Bearcat
Happy with my lc9 including the trigger.Took me about 25 rounds to get used to. I sold my glock 26,it was to big to pocket and i have better choices for holster carry!

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
I like the LC9 alot. I've only shot it about 150 times, all flawlessly. As a revolver guy who likes shooting double action, I find the LC9's trigger pull to be great for a CCW. Although I prefer blued steel and walnut, I find the modern dishwasher-safes guns to be engineering marvels.

5Wire

Single-Sixer
Interesting thread. I've had an LC9-LM on order since November. Too late I found out they were flying out the distributors I'm still on backorder. The price to me is good, so I'm willing to wait.

In the meantime, a popular online retailer has had them, not had them, had them again. My LGS guy utilizes three or four of the well known distributors and they're all out of stock.

A lot of the complaints on failures have involved the trigger and the plastic guide rod. If the failure rate is too high, Ruger is no doubt dealing with repairs and customer service to to make things right and to protect their well earned reputation of making things right.

I'm looking forward to the next LC9-LM release. I'd be willing to bet that part of the delay is a consequence of some engineering changes underway, not to mention they have a bunch of other pistols to manufacture..

I'm looking forward to getting the gun and curious about any backstory.

ilanzedek

Bearcat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just purchased my LC 9
ran 100 rounds throught it and was noticing my shots were drifting further and further to the right,
I then discovered that the adjustable rear sight had come very loose and can be slid back and forth with just my finger.

I had someone tighten it on the range but dDoes this need to be adjusted by gunsmith, sent back to ruger ?

I would have thought it to be factory set and would not have expected it to come loos after the first set of rounds

does any one have any thoughts !?!