Need info on an old stolen Ruger Standard

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MAC702

Single-Sixer
My neighbor's dad had a home invasion a couple nights ago while he slept. They locked him in his room (he's practically deaf and never heard a thing) and stole a big TV, his SUV, and his Ruger .22 pistol.

My neighbor knows I know guns and have a few resources so he asked if I can find out how old the pistol is. He knows it's around 50 years or so, which is why I am assuming it is a Standard.

The serial number is 249169. It is blued with a 6" barrel. Thanks.

ranger1

Buckeye
I hope they catch the SOB.

Serial # list>>> http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory/PI-MarkI.html

Al James

Hunter
That sucks! Too bad he didnt have the 22 in hand and wake up to confront the dirtbags. I am so tired of our worthless justice system. The only thing I can hope for is that they have an AD pointed in the "right" direction while trying to figure out how to take it apart.

I had my grandfathers M1 Carbine stolen while checking targets at the range and the losers ground the SN# off with a bar file under the rear sight. They also took it apart and ground off all of the draft #'s. It was a first year production low SN# 144,xxx. Not that I would ever sell it but it was worth about 2k. I got it back in a fluke deal around 2 years later. The police did not press charges either. I am tired of thieves. Very tired :x

All of my ramble aside, tell your buddy to not lose hope and if all else fails buy another one and when he gets the stolen one back he will have a set. Basterds.

resident

Single-Sixer
Al James said:
That sucks! Too bad he didnt have the 22 in hand and wake up to confront the dirtbags. I am so tired of our worthless justice system. The only thing I can hope for is that they have an AD pointed in the "right" direction while trying to figure out how to take it apart.

I had my grandfathers M1 Carbine stolen while checking targets at the range and the losers ground the SN# off with a bar file under the rear sight. They also took it apart and ground off all of the draft #'s. It was a first year production low SN# 144,xxx. Not that I would ever sell it but it was worth about 2k. I got it back in a fluke deal around 2 years later. The police did not press charges either. I am tired of thieves. Very tired :x

All of my ramble aside, tell your buddy to not lose hope and if all else fails buy another one and when he gets the stolen one back he will have a set. Basterds.

I don't completely agree with your assessment of our "justice system". It goes a frustratingly-long way to convict criminals in the interest of avoiding railroading the innocent...and perhaps a lot of cases could be settled better/faster/cheaper (at least initially) in JP courts, IMO.... but our system sure beats Helll out of France's, Mexico, Russia's, Italy's, etc. Perhaps you'd be happier in Malaysia?

Oh, yeah...and it's spelt "Bas-turds" :wink:

Al James

Hunter
I meant to spell it terd as in crap. Poop. Feces. Pun was intended. Thanks for the spelling correction.

I didnt say lets railroad the innocent. I want to punish the guilty and punish them hard. Used to be if you stole someones horse and got caught you made a one way trip to the gallows. Good, I like that. Dont steal horses.

Now...there are over a million cars stolen every year in the US. Along with 5.5 million bikes. 2 million Burglaries. On and on....

I'm happy to be an American. I have a lot invested in the country. I doubt that I would be happy in Malaysia. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The fact is that we have the largest prison population in the world. 2.4 million last time I checked. All while having a relatively small overall population. Heres some interesting information on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

And perhaps I would be happy in Malaysia, if they convict and PUNISH criminals. Instead of feeding, clothing, taking care of their medical and dental needs, training them, etc. All while paying lawyers large sums of cash to prosecute and defend the criminals. Many of which are obviously guilty. Like the AZ shooter that we still call the "alleged shooter" on our news media. He should have been dead no later than a week after his rampage. The Fort Hood shooter[terrorist]...excuse me the alleged shooter, should have been shot within the same time line. We know they did it....kill em.

And on the subject of the death penalty, why does it cost anything to put someone to death aside from the cost of a round of ammunition?

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Our system IS flawed and the sooner we realize that the better this country will become.

Of course all of this in a nation 14.3 trillion upside down. :shock:

Latest posts