My Mark IV 22/45 back again from Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Back again from Ruger.

My Mark IV 22/45 Lite had to go in for service again. First I had the Recall work done and while at Ruger they replaced my barrel. It was loose and kept backing out of the receiver when cleaning. This caused lot of jams. After getting it back I tried to break it in and within 200 rounds it started to jam again. The cartridge would stick while loading into the chamber. Then it would not extract because it was stuck there. I needed to use a knife to dig the casing out.

Looking closely I found a burr in the chamber. My firing pin was hitting and left a divot on the end.

When I got it back the note from the factory said they replaced the barrel again, the firing pin and springs along with the extractor. There were a few other parts replaced as well. Looks like I got back a brand new gun. Trigger pull is now set at 4 lb 12 oz.

By the way, when I sent it in I took out all of the upgrades I had done and instead of reinstalling I put all the factory parts in a small plastic bag. I called first and made sure they were o.k. with that.

When I got it back there was a note saying they don't recommend taking the gun apart that far. How else do you change out the trigger parts for a Volquartsen Kit?

Today I took it to the range for some test firing. I put 200 rounds of Blazer ammo through it again and it worked 100%. I've got a new disconnector on order and when it comes in I'll replace all the Volquartsen parts. It should end up with a 2.5 lb trigger. I also like getting rid of having to put an empty magazine in the gun to be able to strip it or to show clear at the end of a stage during Steel Challenge Matches.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
AzShooter1 said:
I also like getting rid of having to put an empty magazine in the gun to be able to strip it or to show clear at the end of a stage during Steel Challenge Matches.
I assume you are comparing your current MkIV to an earlier MkIII. None of the MkIV versions have a magazine disconnect.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
AzShooter1 said:
The Mark IV 22/45 has one. It's a pain. But not too hard to eliminate.
My mistake, they all do. Sorry for the mis-information. I have a Volquartsen kit in my stainless MkIV Target and that eliminated it so I guess I forgot that nuisance used to be there.