Max9 amazes me again.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was working up some 9mm loads and running them through my Max9, sub2K and Palmetto Dagger. While the Dagger was disappointing the Max9 and Sub2k were pretty exceptional at 25 yds. I would load 7 of every variant. 4 bullets, 3 powders and 2 primers. One for the Chronograph and 2 for group. Check out the 90gr Lehigh with Universal Powder and Remington primer. 3/4"@25yds with my pocket pistol!!! Unfortunately my Crimson Trace crapped out towards the end so I'll be slapping a Romeo Zero on until hopefully Crimson Trace replaces it.
IMG_20231205_153618390.jpg

Mike J

Hunter
I like my Max-9. I haven't put an optic on it but it shoots fine. I went to see a friend Thanksgiving week & shot with him & his neighbor. The self professed CZ snob & the old competition shooter gunaholic neighbor both said it is a good gun. Before I left I was plinking steel from 25 yards & my friend said he thought I would be just fine with that.

My Dagger shoots good. The last time I shot it was right after I had been shooting my Max-9. I find it interesting how much my groups tighten up after shooting the little pistol. The Max-9 is less forgiving of sloppy technique so it tightens me up.

I get more and more impressed with the Max 9 every time I take it to the range.

I did have to send the gun back after I initially bought it, but since then it's been 100% reliable.

It is also surprisingly accurate.

All in all they are good little guns with great triggers.

The optic makes hits stupid fast and easy. Way more precise than lining up irons.
Hvymax, so from your first post, you like the Crimson Trace more than the Romeo Zero?

Do you need an optic plate for either red dot on the Max 9?

I just went through this with another pistol and bought a Romeo Zero that didn't need any plates.

Hvymax, so from your first post, you like the Crimson Trace more than the Romeo Zero?

I just went through this with another pistol and bought a Romeo Zero that didn't need any plates.
The Romeo Zero and Crimson Trace are direct bolt on. No adapter needed. I believe it's the Shield RMR/S-C

I'll be contacting Crimson Trace customer service. It has been absolutely perfect for over a year. The other day while shooting it started getting brighter and brighter till it went out. Like an LED supernova. New battery didn't help. Luckily I had a Romeo Zero laying around.

The Romeo Zero and Crimson Trace are direct bolt on. No adapter needed. I believe it's the Shield RMR/S-C
Thanks!

The Romeo Zero I bought. I think it's the Romeo Zero X. It has a 2 MOA dot with a bigger circle around it.

But it also doesn't have an "off" button.

You set down the pistol and wait two minutes and it turns off. Then move the gun and it's instantly on.

I just put it on the gun last night so I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks nice.

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
Did a little dagger test, and it seems to like one kind of ammo over another. 3 shot groups, actually I alternated rounds of 115 blazer and some 124 gr chinese in the mag (I'll post up a pic of the headstamp sometime), not off a rest, so take it for what it's worth. 7 yards, Blazer group on the left, point of aim is the red/blue plus sign. I was surprised at the drastic difference, but it's a small sample size. Maybe I'll do another test next week….
IMG_2360.jpeg

Latest posts