My LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger168

Blackhawk
DSC_0001-2.jpg

It came from the factory this way with no explanation and my best contact at Ruger retired before I could get any details. Have not seen or heard of any others like it.

E

Single-Sixer
There have been some of different colors as distributor exclusives -- TALO maybe? Davidson's? Ruger's website still has aan OD green listed under distributor exclusives, but I seem to remember some of a bluish color as well.

nn

Single-Sixer
That would be nice for when I was in a blue mood.

Looks good, though.

donut757

Blackhawk
There were 1500 greyish blue navy edition produced...1500 OD green Army edition produced.

That one you have there is like the special LCR they were auctioning off a while back. I have read nothing about them producing them like that and took it as a one of a kind type of a thing, or atleast very very few i would think becuase they were using it as an auction gun.

I want to say it was no special coating for the metal on yours and maybe bead blasted... Jsust going off memory though and didnt really look into it very much.. Unlike the Talo editions that were coated.

Ruger168

Blackhawk
There is a little of the finish worn off just below the front sight. Not sure what the coating is.