My engraved, CC'd 1A

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RJ556

Buckeye
It is a lot of money, but if it is the look you want, (and I do), then you must pay. These are not very good pictures. I couldn't figure out how to turn the flash off on my camera.
IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

singleshot

Single-Sixer
I have to agree, it is a classic look, one that I think would be way more appreciated in person.

If you have a chance, I'd love to get a PM from you about who did the work...

Again, fantastic rifle !!

singleshot

RJ556

Buckeye
The engraving was done by Frank Conroy, recommended to me by Ruger. And the CC was done by Turnbulls Restoration. Years ago I had a #3 color cased by Turnbulls. It looked great but I regretted not having it engraved first. In my opinion, an English styled single shot rifle, which the Ruger #1 is styled after, does not look finished, if color case hardened and not engraved. Thanks for your comments. RJ

Corbi

Single-Sixer
That looks great. I have been considering having one of my rifles engraved.

Does Conroy have a web site or can yo share contact information? What was the wait for the work?

Corbi

Major T

Blackhawk
Although I used to carry a fully engraved, silver plated S & W frequently, use engraved shotguns regularly, I have the tendency to not use (but admire and fondle) my engraved rifles. I can't explain why.

But as for yours, it is simply a first rate rifle and I hope you shoot and enjoy it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, jack

RJ556

Buckeye
Jimmy, you're hurting me. I immediately regretted selling that one to you. I haven't moved yet, but we are scheduled to leave in 2 years. 30-40 Krag ammo is very hard to come by in Eastern Europe. That's why I got the #1 in this thread, you can find '06 anywhere over there. The #3 looks great CC'd only, as it is more of an American styled carbine, but as English as the #1 looks, it just cries out to be engraved. Thanks for the pic, it's nice to see the #3 again.