Just got my Ruger made Marlin 1894 .44 back from Marlin repair shop--UPDATE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Bet they are using sticky plastic followers in the tube and that is the click you hear when it pops loose and slides.
There is a reason they make metal replacements.
You should not have to, but they are simple enough to install yourself. When I remove the spring and old follower I will use a cleaning rod with a big patch to make sure there is no FOD in there before reassembling.

Last edited:
One other person on this Forum has had the same problem. It's better than it was at first, but it's hardly acceptable.

Off topic, but we also shot a new 16" Rossi R97 .357 stainless and it was flawless in 100 rounds. In all fairness it does have about a 65# magazine spring LOL Not really, but it was so strong my son gave up loading it after he'd shot about 40 rounds.
I keep hearing good things about the Rossi- a company that I didn't have a very high opinion of prior.

I currently own a beautiful Henry Big Boy Silver in .357 with the 20" octagonal barrel. It's as smooth as glass and accurate too. I've only put 10 Rounds through it. But I find it's really heavy and the polished buttplate slides all over when working the lever. So I'm considering selling/trading into a different .357. I like the idea of a stainless finish like the Rossi. But my heart is on the Marlin. I'm sure the stainless ones will be available soon- and the wait for street prices to become reasonable. I can find the Blued model under $1k currently…

larry8

Single-Sixer
I have a Rossi 16" 44mag, and it's a lot lighter than the Henry's or Marlins. Very good quality and wood and a LOT LESS costly too.

Latest posts