My Dad finally gave up his flatgate to me...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

indiucky

Bearcat
After 10 years of begging, pleading, cajoling, a revolver I always wanted finally came into my possesion. My dad got this from his cousins husband 15 years ago and I have drooled over it ever since. It doesn't have the original grips but I can live with what it has on it. Condition is not mint as there is some blue wear. It's a 4 digit serial number begining with 7xx (Not trying to be coy I just don't have the gun with me in the shop today). here are some pics. I picked up a Marlin 39A made in 1952 (that someone checkered the pistol grip and did a decent job on) and these are my "Farm Guns."

stag010_zpsec7098d1.jpg

stag016_zpsb97c9002.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wow, that's VERY NICE! Since ALL of us in the "peanut gallery" have an opinion I'll voice mine.

Get some help and mount some proper "black eagle" grip medallions in the proper place. That'll make your "new" Single-Six look REALLY fine!!

flatgate

indiucky

Bearcat
flatgate said:
Wow, that's VERY NICE! Since ALL of us in the "peanut gallery" have an opinion I'll voice mine.

Get some help and mount some proper "black eagle" grip medallions in the proper place. That'll make your "new" Single-Six look REALLY fine!!

flatgate

But is it wrong that I love those big old stag grips??? :p They just feel good and they fit like a glove and they are aged to the weapon. Normally I am the first guy to put proper grips on a weapon but stag is my weakness...I think there may be something wrong with me...

indiucky said:
flatgate said:

flatgate

But is it wrong that I love those big old stag grips??? :p They just feel good and they fit like a glove and they are aged to the weapon. Normally I am the first guy to put proper grips on a weapon but stag is my weakness...I think there may be something wrong with me...

Nope, they are quite nice.

A set of original "black plastics" or optional walnuts would be nice to have, too . . . just because.

:)

Ha, you won;t be the first to put in a set of black eagle medallions in a fine looking pair of stags, folks been doin it since Wild Bill put stags on his first Colt SAA, same thing, same reasons why.........

indiucky

Bearcat
flatgate said:

flatgate

Ahhhh??? Medallions....Now I get it..The best of both worlds...Thank you sir...

eveled

Hawkeye
I am going to go against the grain on this one. I like the look of the stags without the medallions. Looks more "old west". Ed

Chris

Blackhawk
flatgate said:

flatgate

+1

flatgate

Hawkeye
Oh, there's lots of "period correct" grips for those fantastic old Flatgate Single-Sixes!

146541293.jpg

Franzite

146541287.jpg

Pointer Pup

146541291.jpg

Fake Pearl, or, what we call 'em; "Mother of Toilet Seat".....

65840143.jpg

Ruger Sold Stags

119416767.jpg

and the "Holy Grail" of Ruger Single Action Grips: Factory supplied Ivory.

:D

flatgate

Nanchulla

Bearcat
I have My Dad's Single-Six. Like You, I hinted for about 20 years, and He never said Yes. After he died in a Motorcycle accident, I completely forgot about it. Mom offered me his cars, the Harley that his buddies and I rebuilt. I just wanted Mom to have his car and gun collection. I went over to see her one night after work, and she handed me the familiar leather case. She was having hid buddy sell his gun collection, and Ron told Mom, "Give that one to Deryl. Dale was almost ready to give it to him. Everyone should have their Dad's Flatgate. Every time You shoot it, You can't help but remember the good times. And smile.

Latest posts