Gave myself a 1911 Colt for my upcoming birthday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Not just any old 1911. This is a NIB 100th Anniversary Edition Tier III, built by Colt in 2012. There were 750 of the Tier III produced. Purely a collectible that I don't intend to shoot, although it's very tempting to put a few rounds downrange. The gun is pristine in every respect, and complete with all relevant paperwork.

Sd4NS3k.jpg

A couple pages from the War Dept. Manual:

XmmaqJ9.jpg

NICE! Happy Birthday!!! A friend of mine found a 4 digit serial number Colt 1911 wrapped in canvas and covered with cosmoline on the top of a cabinet in a house that he bought. The original owner was a WW1 veteran and the house was built in the 1920s so there is a good possibility that the pistol had been there since the place was built.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
That sure is a beaut! If it was mine, I'd have a hell of hard time not running some rounds through it. Enjoy your new Colt

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
Really nice.... I have a soft spot for Colt 1911's.....

But to be fair, if you don't intend on shooting this 1911 ever, you will still need another birthday gun to take to the range....

Your secret would be safe with us......

( for the record..... I have never bought 2 guns on my birthday as far as my wife knows )

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Really nice.... I have a soft spot for Colt 1911's.....

But to be fair, if you don't intend on shooting this 1911 ever, you will still need another birthday gun to take to the range....

Your secret would be safe with us......

( for the record..... I have never bought 2 guns on my birthday as far as my wife knows )
Nobody knows I bought this, except y'all. And the guys at the shop. And the ATF And the FBI. 🤣

Latest posts