“D” Serial SC5, Finally Lettered!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A while back I posted that I found a "D" serial SC5. Linda at Ruger went above and beyond and found the original shipping document confirming it was legitimate. I requested a LOA early January, but there was an address issue and it never arrived. I spoke with Linda last week, and today I received the LOA.

The serial number on this gun is D553553. According to RENE it looks like there is only one other known "D" SC5, numbered D542703. Maybe Chad can step in here and confirm this. ( The shipping document shows 3 other non-sequential "D" serials shipped out on the same order. )

I wish I had the box and paperwork…and that it hadn't received the dreaded safety conversion. I'll be putting it back to the way it should be shortly. It did come with the matching WMR cylinder, and the serial is quite interesting, made more so with the "D". Even so, I'm still over the moon to have this gun with its possible rarity.

Anyone have its twin that they want to sell?

Here's some pics…

IMG_8782.jpeg
IMG_8783.jpeg
IMG_8784.jpeg
IMG_8566.jpeg
IMG_8565.jpeg

Sweet. I thought I had a nice SC5 box in my extra box pile, but it was an SC6. Shouldn't be too hard to find a box and conversion kit for it.

My "D" is the SC6 convertible.
You may wanna check classifieds here as I think somebody had some single action boxes for sale recently.
I did find a nice SC5 box, but it's a 1969 with the serial in faded white lettering on the side. I don't know if that is removable…it was overpriced IMHO too. I'll just be patient. I have everything but the hammer to convert it- I should have the hammer too but it's AWOL.

Latest posts