Let's Discuss The Market For The KNVB-444SPCL (44 Stainless)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
Davidson's has them in stock. Doing an "instant quote", the best I can do is $594 out the door. So ACRYLICTNK's deal is a very good one!

chet15

Hawkeye
I.M.O., the good times of Ruger's .44 Special production may be waning...and the stainless 4-5/8" gun may have come out too late to enjoy those good times. I know a dealer that sells a lot of Ruger SA's and he said he can't give his stainless .44 Spl. away. Lets face it, the .44 Special SA isn't as "hot" a seller as when they were introduced a couple years ago. Then you have Lipsey's four New Vaquero models that soaked up that market as well.
Maybe they'd be more popular if Ruger actually had a pic of the blued flattops in their catalog?
But, everything good must come to an end eventually. You may actually see the trend go back to the days of individuals going back to the thought of having the ability to shoot Spls through your .44 Mag. chambered gun.
Ruger had an example of the standard blue .44 Spl. flattop on their display #520-25342 which is presumed to have been fairly new mfg. This would account for around 8,400 .44 Special flattops being produced in addition to the 2,000 Lipsey's New Vaqueros. Not bad..but...???
Chet15

Dale53

Blackhawk
You men are absolute ENABLERS :roll: ! I am especially talking about Arctos and CraigC.

I got the last Ruger SS .44 Special Flattop 4 5/8". It is to be shipped to my FFL Monday from ACRYLICTNK (I have bought at least one other revolver from him).

Since I already have a .44 Lipsey Special 5½", I really didn't NEED this but, fellers, I have this VERY nice El Paso Tom Threepersons holster for a 4 5/8" revolver that is just sitting there empty. What's a feller to do? Now we

know :oops:

Dale53

Arctos

Bearcat
Dale53, glad to hear it worked out. I've never been one to stand between a man and his Ruger habit!

Dale53

Blackhawk
CraigC said:
Davidson's has them in stock. Doing an "instant quote", the best I can do is $594 out the door. So ACRYLICTNK's deal is a very good one!

CraigC - THAT's what you did :mrgreen: So, I "got on the horn" to ACRYLICTNK and, as they say, the rest is history!

Dale53

Mr. S

Bearcat
I traded an item and used some cash to get this from my dealer yesterday. It had it's first trip to the range this morning in not the best conditions with the wind. I am very happy with it! I had a Charter Bulldog that got away years ago and currently have a Rossi M720 in .44 Special. It was time to add another .44 Special. I do enjoy that round.

Rick

SSFTBlackhawk2.jpg

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
I have enjoyed reading all the comments but not a word on serial number range. I guess all these recently acquired guns have fallen between the numbers I posted. Is my information as to a 500 gun run correct? Thanks, Robert

Larry from Bend

Single-Sixer

Dale53

Blackhawk
I received my SS .44 Special Flattop 4 5/8" a couple of days ago from ACRYLICTNK (he told me it was the last one he had).

The serial number is 520-243XX. Appears to be a VERY nice piece. It'll be a few days before I get a chance to shoot it (have to load some indoor ammo).

Thanks MUCH for the referral. It IS appreciated!

Dale53

bogus bill

Hunter
Today I bought a brand NIB model o5233 .44 special blue 5.5" .44 special serial # 520-23413. I dont know if a mistake was made by the dealer or what, but counting tax I paid $450s. I see the enclosed fired case in the envelope is dated june 22 2010. The gun doesent have any stamping at all on the barrel. I see on the ruger site the gun retails for $575s! I am a happy camper! Is this one of those 500 made before the lipskys?
I was surprised with the weight of this beast!

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
Bogus bill, congratulations on your new revolver! I know you will love it. Based on the serial number and date I believe it is a regular production gun made after the Lipsey commitment was fulfilled. Sounds like you paid a fair price also.

No marking on the barrel? Look next to the ejector rod housing and report back. No warning would be highly unusual but not unheard of. Robert

bogus bill

Hunter
Yup! There it is, under the barrel. I love .44 specials and now have 7! Here is my other 6. I once had a ruger converted many years ago but stupidly sold it. Here is a old picture of that one too.

IMG_1417_edited-1.jpg

guns099.jpg

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
Hey, bogus bill. Which one of those Smith's is for sale? :lol: A man can't use that many all at once.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
+1 on the economy, Sugar: though my local gunshop guru claims that economy or not, this President has been a real boost to gun sales!

That said, I'd like one for the simple reason of its rust proof qualities while on an extended trip away from home...

Rod

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Dale....you've been holdin out on me...a new pony in the stable...bless my soul! Come out and let's shoot it. As I recall, 5-1/2" is your preferred length...I'm ready when you're interested in getting rid of that shorty. Dave