LCRx 9mm Newbie Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gmcjetpilot

Bearcat
Have much experience with other guns and rifles, but new to LCRx. Love it and shoots great. My newbie to LCRx 9mm Questions:

How much play on cylinder is OK. I thought it should be tight. Mine is new and has a tad of play?

How much play with crane and cylinder and ejector rod. With my cylinder swung out it has some wobble?

How does that transfer bar work?
-OR-
Proper way to de-cock, thumb on hammer pull trigger and release as you lower hammer slowly. Why? what if you hold trigger as you drop hammer, will this defeat the transfer bar?

Best in pocket holster?

charlesappel

Single-Sixer
Holding the trigger back will defeat the transfer bar.

When the trigger is pulled, the transfer bar rises to a position between the hammer and the firing pin. When the hammer strikes the transfer bar, the transfer bar strikes the firing pin, which in turn strikes the primer. Bang.

When the trigger is forward, the transfer bar is in the lowered position. The hammer strikes the frame above the firing pin. No Bang.

To safely lower the hammer, capture the hammer with your thumb. Pull the trigger. Ease the hammer forward slowly and release the trigger. Continue easing the hammer forward until it is down.

Cylinder lockup should be tightest when the trigger is pulled and held to the rear. A slight amount of rotational play with the trigger held to the rear is not a problem.

Play in the ejector rod, cylinder and crane (or yoke) is normal when the cylinder is swung out from the frame.

gmcjetpilot

Bearcat
Thanks for answering my stupid question with thoughtful answers. I've come up with some new stupid questions. What accessories does the LCRx come with. I'm most interested in why no the padded case like they use to come with, but now they don't apparently or seller or the FFL took it out.

Mine came with the soft case, a few moon clips, a crummy gun lock, an owner's manual, a NRA membership offer, and maybe another paper of some kind. If I remember correctly.

Latest posts