LCP worn every day for a year............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
Well, after my wife got her Sig 238, we we're going to sell her LCP. I decided I liked the little bugger and decided to throw it in my back pocket.

That was a year ago. The only things I noticed.........
1. Had to blow lint out of it every few weeks with compressed air.
2. Bluing wore fairly well from rear of slide that was exposed in the little pocket holster I use.
3. Some rust on the muzzle end of the recoil spring. Got pretty hot this past summer. ;)

Other'n that, hardly ever noticed it was there.

I'd post pics, but it looks just like every other LCP out there. ;)

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
I've worn mine in a wallet holster every day for a year and a half. Even when I'm carrying a larger pistol, the LCP is in my pocket.

I give mine an oily wipedown every week or so.

doublebarrel_2

Bearcat
Got my LCP in August of '09, carried everyday since, in a cheap $10 pocket holster. I don't think I've seen any rust, or any slide finish wear that can be easily seen. Lint is visible, but I just shot them off at the range. Dropped a set of Wolff extra power recoil springs in it last year, it shot just the same...

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
Just to be clear, the only spot of rust was on the end of the recoil spring itself, nowhere else.

I work outside from March to the end of November - every day - 8-10 hours a day - rain, sleet, snow, upper 90's temps, lower teens as well.

I guess I just wanted to say that I was pretty impressed with how well it stood up to being worn in a back pocket during typical work days - clearing brush, thinning trees, etc..

It got soaked a couple times after having to pull docks out of a lake. Took it apart, dried it out and away we went.

marlin1881

Single-Sixer
I carry my LCP regularly, but not daily, as I work out of my home. With the Uncle Mikes #1 holster, it fits neatly in my back pocket (barely), and gives me no reason to not carry it. If I had to strap on a holster, I'd leave it at home a lot more.

toysoldier

Hunter
I've been carrying mine in a homemade holster in my back pocket, when possible. Over the summer, I carried in an inexpensive IWB holster, and experienced a touch of rust spotting on the slide. Worst rust was the screws holding my Crimson Trace. I have always had very corrosive sweat, rotting off leather watch bands in a few months, and rusting off metal bands in less than a year.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Year and a half of daily pocket carry for me and though the slide and barrel have a little bit of wear and tear, it looks great still.