LCP .22 magazine question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
I shoot the heck out of mine, accurate, feeds most ammo fine but I can not get more than 8 rounds in mine, and even that is a struggle. I have 3 LCP's in .380 and they all run perfectly. I took it apart and appears fine, what am I doing wrong do you think?

hittman

Staff member
You using the mag loader Ruger supplied?
No idea what the problem may be unless the spring is bound up.
Don't help you a bit to know mine works fine.
Sorry.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Spring looks ok but will call Ruger tomorrow, tried today but they closed for "unforeseen issues today", whatever that means.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Got my 2 pak of mags today, went to the range and put 100 rounds downrange. Couple of bad rounds but the little LCP ran perfect and is surprisingly accurate. I was shooting offhand at a small paper plate
at 30 feet, rabbit accurate enough for hiking trips. Love it.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
spring was bound up, took mag apart and did a little adjustment and back to 10 rounds plus I got my 2 pack of extra mags so good to go.

capecuddy

Bearcat
I dropped a .22lr LCP II mag into some water. Took it apart to dry, clean and WD40. When I reassembled it, I could not get the tenth round in to save my soul. I found the spring base has a little right angle that has to go over the back of the case. Slide the floor plate back on and voila! 10 rounds.