Is the Jury still out on the SR40C ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
This is most likely going to be my next pistol purchase.

unless you guys steer me away...

norfolknova

Single-Sixer
I have had mine since the end of July and the only problem was the trigger would not reset about 1 time per magazine when I first shot it the day I bought it. Had the gunsmith at the LGS where I bought it check it out and he cleaned it out. I havn't had a single problem since and I have over 1200 rounds through it now. I love my SR40c

Matt

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I've heard the Slide on the SR40 is slightly wider than the SR9 ,is that correct.. ? The Ruger site has the width the same...

Ratster

Bearcat
Yes, the difference in width between the SR40c and the SR9c is about .080"

The SR40c is 1.070" across the slide and the SR9c is about .990"

To be clear, I said "about", not exactly.

Loco Weed

Bearcat
I'm delighted with my 40c. I had a chance to take it to the range yesterday and put a box of ammo through it. Totally reliable so far. The trigger pull is great and surprised me a few times. Recoil is a bit snappy as might be expected with a .40. I recommend it.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
Mine has been flawless....
I was the first one in my area to get one!

For me the jury has been sent home with a bonus for service well rendered:
The SR40c is another WINNER!

Lateck,

diablos30

Bearcat
Lateck said:

Lateck,

agreed, love my 40c. the only issue is i never have enough ammo!

boltons75

Single-Sixer
Ive had mine going on two months now, wear it everyday. I shoot at least 50 through it a week, going on probably 1500+ now rounds through it. My only issue was with my first two clips, I had two cases fail to eject, but in the 1400+ rounds since no issues. It shoots straight, the trigger was awesome, but I still put the ghost rocket in to make it even better. Very wise buy, I'm seeing more and more people coming out to the range with their newly purchased SR's. You wont regret it, I love mine.

boltons75

Single-Sixer
diablos30 said:
Lateck said:

Lateck,

agreed, love my 40c. the only issue is i never have enough ammo!

Thats why I'm constantly in the basement putting more loads together, I'd be broke if I wasnt reloading my ammo.

diablos30

Bearcat
i need to get a reloading setup. if only i could convince the wife to buy me one for christmas.

exavid

Hunter
I haven't had a single problem with my SR40c since I got it. I've shot about 400 rounds through it so far, WWB, Federal and handloads without a hitch. Nice accuracy for me at 25yds too. Recoil isn't bad, a little snappier than my P345 but not bad at all. In fact I took off the finger extension on the magazine and put the flat plate on. Just didn't need the extension which says something about how well this gun handles the .40S&W round. I've shot 165gr. and 180gr. bullets through it, but really don't feel much difference. This one's a keeper. But then so are my LCP, SR9 and P345. I do seem to like Rugers.

Latest posts