I firearm you will never get rid of

Help Support Ruger Forum:

y2k01hd

Bearcat
My Winchester Model 12 16 Gauge Shotgun, It was my Dad's, when he passed away in 1989, it became mine. When my son turns 18, it will be his. Family tradition, wouldn't sell it or trade it for nothing!!!! I believe it's 59 years old, my Mom bought it for my Dad on their 1 year anniversary!!!!

cagedodger

Bearcat
That's like asking which child would you keep?

So, my answer would have to be "All of 'em!" :wink:

Cage 8)

P89DC
PC9GR
10/22 Stainless
MK II bull barrel
Mini 14 tactical
Old Army
Maverick 88, 18-1/2" 6 shot (probably the one I'd miss least...)

mg2112

Bearcat
There are 3...

My Dad gave me a Colt 1911 80 Series and a Ruger Mark II.

The first handgun I bought was a Ruger GP100. Those 3 will be with
me until my end of days.

damienph

Bearcat
My favorite of all, my 1954 Colt Commander; my birth year.
PA152091.jpg

And yes, I do still have the original "Coltwood" grips. They are stored in the original box.

steelhawk

Bearcat
I will keep the first two pistols I ever owned. A Ruger Mark 1 Std and a S&W Model 28 in .357 Mag.

My mother bought me the Ruger, since I wasn't old enough to buy it myself. I was old enough to own it, but not buy it. Kinda dumb if you ask me.

exavid

Hunter
I sold my MkI but still have a fine old Model 28. That big N frame shoots .375 and feels like a .22 going off.

DDDWho

Bearcat
My Dad's pre 64 Winchester model 12 12 ga. shotgun I inherited after his death 30 years ago. Its in nearly pristine condition.

kscott

Single-Sixer
PackinPreacher said:
It doesn't exist. They are all tools and/or toys and replaceable.

I'm gonna have to politely disagree with you. Some of my firearms hold so much sentimental value (from grandfather, great grandfather) that I could not ever think about parting with them. They would be the last of my possessions I would sell if I was that down on my luck, but they would never be replaceable because no other firearm in the world has the history that means that much to me as they do.

Armybrat

Buckeye
kscott said:
PackinPreacher said:
It doesn't exist. They are all tools and/or toys and replaceable.

I'm gonna have to politely disagree with you. Some of my firearms hold so much sentimental value (from grandfather, great grandfather) that I could not ever think about parting with them. They would be the last of my possessions I would sell if I was that down on my luck, but they would never be replaceable because no other firearm in the world has the history that means that much to me as they do.
I agree.

But this is the first handgun I bought (new in 1960):

Guns022.jpg

farmall1456

Bearcat
It would be the single shot, falling block Hopkins and Allen 22 rifle with octagon barrel and cracked stock. It was my great-grandfather's who gave it to my father who cracked the stock swinging at a rat. It is the first firearm I shot as a young boy. It still is shot once in a while. I want to teach my grandson to shoot it when he is older.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
If I have to select only one, it would be my Marlin Model 39 Anniversary model lever action. Superbly accurate and shoots almost all ammo well. Annie Oakley would have loved this rifle.....

wbhatcher

Bearcat
That would be my .22 cal. Single Six convertible I bought while stationed at a radar site just outside Galena, Alaska during 1966. It was my constant companion when roaming around the area. I foolishly let it get away from my once, but managed to get it back. Never again will I sell or trade it.

ClayinVA

Bearcat
All the ones I have now, and all the ones I may acquire in the future...

But if I have to pick, S&W 65-5, 4" barrel. It is the first gun I ever bought, and someone had apparently done a trigger job on it already. I am more accurate with it than anything else I shoot.

T Blade

Bearcat
I guess as right now I AM downsizing my small gun collection, the ones that will not leave are Ruger semi-auto 22, I guess you would call it a Mark I. I've had it for 40 years, it was a Christmas present from my Dad. Also I would have a hard time parting with my 10/22. Of course I won't get rid of my Mini 14 and my Mossberg 12 gauge pump.