"I could live the rest of my life with just these guns"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

triggerpull

Single-Sixer
When I was a kid I loved building models. Now that I'm an old fart I enjoy tinkering with weapons, hand-loading for them and seeing what I can get out of them. Each one is a different challenge--thus my propensity for filling up the gun safe. OK--I'll admit it--Gun Safe(s). The biggest thing that has slowed me down is not the cost of the weapons themselves--but the sky-rocketing costs of reloading components.

jor-el

Bearcat
Well, good luck on moving to this new nation of yours. I just can't help thinking it's not exactly the place I would want to move to. I noticed there's not much in terms of defensive weapons. The recent history of that nation doesn't exactly thrill me as the most stable place to start a family.
OTOH, my darling bride still thinks moving back to the PRC is a good idea if things go badly here.

I'm already scouting for places to launch the rocket ship from the doomed planet NY.

RJ556

Buckeye
jor-el, I hear what you're say'n but I'm 66, not exactly starting a family. I'll be living out my retirement years here. It has been 8 months since the move and no real regrets. My Rugers and other rifles & shotguns are all here in my safes. There is no McDonalds here in the closest city (6 miles) to me, and I don't care. There is very little crime here and they don't play the "Knock-out" game. It appears that welfare is strictly scrutinized to see if it is deserved before being issued. Family and friends get together regularly to eat and visit and help each other out. I did the research and thought this thing out a long time before ever making the decision to live here, plus I spent a month here just about every year for the last 12 years, learning about the different aspects of the life and country. There are some things that are not available and that are different here. But I can do without those things and adapt to the differences. "It's all good". RJ