Gunblast.com Review of new Ruger SR-762 Semi-Auto carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

phatdad

Bearcat
WAYNO said:
...in part, from the following link

OK, here's my update to my (and the rifle's) issue.
The ammo I used was NATO spec FMJ/BT.
I contacted Ruger for the second time and learned that they are having problems with Magpul magazined feeding properly in the SR-762. Both companies are working on the issue, and trying things such as spring tension and follower configuration changes. Ruger has even applied a lube to the follower face to facillitate better feeding. My mags have both the black follower (Ruger shipped) and OD green follower (Midway purchase). Using both I experience misfeeds and a failure to properly cycle, about 50% of the time. (Differend percentaged for different problems.)
Ruger has asked that I send in their magazines for evaluation.
I'll keep posting with any updates.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/rifle-shotgun-discussion/153836-problems-ruger-sr-762-a.html

WAYNO.

I have had trouble since round #1! The gun fails to fire more than one round at a time. The bolt stops short of complete closure yet the hammer will drop when trigger is pulled. Forward assist does not engage and complete the charging. I must remove the Pmag and recharge the round that is already in chambered reinstall mag and fire only to have it fail again. I have tried DPMS and Promag metal mags with no better luck. Maybe two rounds go off before a failure. different ammo makes no difference. I had diffculty getting all mags to lock in when bolt was forward and even when locked open. I contacted Ruger and they told me to send in my 3 supplied Pmags for their inspection. I took the gun back to my dealer and had him send it back. Regretably I chose this gun over DPMS, Armalite and Sig SASS models.
When the gun comes back it will go straight to Gunbroker...
I built a 300 blackout from spare parts and have not had a failure after several hundred rounds.

UPDATE: SR762 WAS SENT TO RUGER. IN JUST ONE WEEK THEY RETURNED IT TO ME WITH A NEW UPPER ASSEMBLY AND 3 NEW GEN 3 MAGS. I SHOT 20 ROUDS WITHOUT A SINGLE BURP. GREAT JOB RUGER! MY FAITH IS RESTORED.

diyj98

Single-Sixer
clayflingythingy said:
Every gun reviewed by Dick Metcalf is the greatest gun ever made. He will heap copious amounts of praise on the biggest POS ever assembled.
That's pretty much normal with any review from anyone that accepts advertising dollars from gun manufacturers. It's hard to stay in business if you talk about the products not being "another winner", "a serious gun for serious use", etc. Ever read a review talking about a product being a lemon or having serious problems?

gsx1

Bearcat
I just picked up my SR 762 this o e is like brand new looks to have nver been fired wanted this for a long time. I get her home. Load up a mag a run through ghe motions. First to atempts bolt action wont close all the way and wont dject the cartragec. When it does go in all the way it will grabe and eject. I think i rread there is a fix for this. Some thing to do with the catch pin spring the little button in the end of bolt wont allow the bolt to close or grab the cartrige to eject it Any help here. I realy like this rifle and want it to work as designed

Latest posts