Colion Noir reviews Ruger LC45 Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
So, I watched some of Colion's review...what are your thoughts on it? Have you run any aftermarket mags with it yet?
My shooting experience with mine is nearly identical to his. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't get into any of the maintenance, disassembly of it, but that's not his thing anyway. It's not terribly complicated or difficult.

Yes, I bought a couple each of extra Glock 13rnd and 26rnd mags from gunmagwarehouse, and all ran perfectly. Loading the big sticks is much easier with an Uplula. :)

The big sticks are heavy & tend to get in the way some, especially if you have the rifle slung. I found it easier and faster to change them if I dropped the empty mag and then rolled the rifle upside down and inserted the 26rnd mag using my trigger hand (righty), letting the weight of them help out with it. Which of course means carrying them on my right side rather than the left side. Since that would interfere with my edc holstered pistol, I'll have to figure something else out. Maybe a vest or something, or just reserve them for range play time.

I think a flared mag well would be a definite improvement, so I'll likely keep an eye on the aftermarket vendors.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Oooh, I like that. Wonder if they do the plus-two floorplates for the .45 Glock mags? Fifteen-plus-one .45 ACPs would be sufficient capacity for most occasions this side of a Stephen Hunter novel, and without the clumsy handling issues of the happy sticks. With a nice red dot and maybe a Streamlight I'd be set. Except for having to buy an ample supply of .45s to feed it, as I don't currently own anything in that caliber (I know, shame on me).

The Henry Homesteader 9mm also seems to be faster handling with handgun-length Glock 17 or 19 mags, but the 33 rounders feel awkward to me.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Oooh, I like that. Wonder if they do the plus-two floorplates for the .45 Glock mags? Fifteen-plus-one .45 ACPs would be sufficient capacity for most occasions this side of a Stephen Hunter novel, and without the clumsy handling issues of the happy sticks. With a nice red dot and maybe a Streamlight I'd be set. Except for having to buy an ample supply of .45s to feed it, as I don't currently own anything in that caliber (I know, shame on me).

The Henry Homesteader 9mm also seems to be faster handling with handgun-length Glock 17 or 19 mags, but the 33 rounders feel awkward to me.

You'll have your chance to buy one of the big boy calibers. ;) The supplied factory mag for the LC45 is a SGM. Glock 21, 30, and 41 magazines all fit. So if you can find extension floor plates for any of those you're golden.

PS: A 26rnd mag fully loaded will weigh between 1lb and 1.5lb, depending on the ammo. In my case that's for 185gr, 230gr, and 255gr.

Last edited:

Gopher

Single-Sixer
Hickok45 liked it and even shot it suppressed. I don't think Honest Outlaw has done a video on it yet.

Latest posts