Grips for Super Blackhawk w/Square Trigger Guard

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
CaryC, it's all good... I just don't want to step on any toes.

I do agree w/ Ruger's new direction w/ grips has been good. Some of the "Rosewood" that came out from time to time in the past was less than desirable. and Some was real good, I really like the grips on the 6.5" Bisley in my .32 collection picture, very dark Rosewood.

As for Plywood/ Laminate here's a good read. Colors, Quanity of ply's, material, glues, resins, lot's of good stuff...

http://www.rutply.com/about/index.html

knuckles said:
But one could make a grip out of many plies of rosewood... then is it real wood?

I was in the music business for many years and BOY! you should have seen some of the exotic wood "Plies" the in-house guitar luthier dreamed up... just beautiful!

Knuckles,
Yes plywood is real wood, and yes you find a real good tree it usually get's made into very thin ply's and then turns into 100's of thousands of dollars. :roll:

I do find it deceptive when they call it "Coco Bolo" when it's really Laminate.

But then again I know some guys that really think its grown that way. :roll:

Knuckles

Buckeye
G2... you seem to be pushing the idea that plywood is the same as plies of wood... and then sometimes I thought you were talking about veneers.

See my point I was trying to make?... to me "plywood" is veneers (or scrap pieces) of pine (or birch) with alternated layers of glues.

That's about it from me on this topic... I just didn't think the "term" fit the items made.

Peace Out! :wink:

Latest posts