GP100 Wiley Clapp ammo problem-UPDATE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Firenailer

Bearcat
Hey, it's worth a try. I've always been a fan of their products, I have 3 Ruger rifles and 2 handguns and with the exception of this GP I've never had any problems. They've been great.

Mine should have been here yesterday but it looks like UPS returned it to NH for some reason according to the tracking number. Got as close as Seacaucus before it turned around.

Maybe it is fixed, it seems to be revolving around pretty good now!

Firenailer

Bearcat
I just received my 5" GP back from Ruger and it looks good! Cleaned it up and loaded 6 of the same PMC cartridges that were giving me trouble before and she rotates just fine!

Hopefully I get out to the range over the weekend, but I'm not expecting any trouble. I'm not sure what they did to fix it, the repair ticket just said "repaired cylinder" but it's not hanging up at all.

I'm a very happy customer, the gun came back just like I sent it, no new marks or scratches as far as I can tell. Hopefully I'm good to go.

I really am a fan of Ruger and their customer service, just a great gun company!

pingman274

Bearcat
Just got off the phone with customer service. She readily admitted that a machinist may have made an error and that they had a "few" come back for repair. Already has sent a call tag. It will be headed back to NH Monday.

Firenailer

Bearcat
You know I thought of that and checked it against my Permit, but it is still the same serial number. Maybe they just filed it a little?

Firenailer

Bearcat
Good news, I put 150 rounds through it at the range this morning and it works smooth as silk. I'm a happy shooter again!

pingman274

Bearcat
Got my WC GP100 back from Ruger for the ammo problem. The gun looks new, like it was, no damage. The repair note says "replaced cylinder." It took about 3 weeks for them to turn it around. I have not shot it yet, however.

Latest posts