Gp-100 5" 44sp

Help Support Ruger Forum:

waterboy452

Bearcat
Looks good. I'm surprised that they are blue finish, but not disappointed at all. I had heard a longer barreled version was in the works, but expected stainless. I'm fine with blue, and look forward to checking one out.

41-44-45-48

Single-Sixer
Between this and the blued 5.5" Redhawk in .44 mag that's starting to pop up on gunbroker, it appears that Ruger is getting some blued guns back on the market! That's a welcome change if you ask me. More blued guns was about the only thing I wanted as far as the product offerings go.

DPris

Buckeye
The Lipsey's was supposed to come out before the standard 3-inch Ruger cataloged version, but it was delayed.
Hopefully out very soon.
Denis

waterboy452

Bearcat
Actually, I'm quite happy that Ruger is starting to offer more blued revolvers. With my recent experience of poor polishing and fit and finish on 2 new stainless Ruger single actions, I'm starting to lean more towards blue ones. The recent blued Ruger's I've looked at were fit and finished quite nicely. Stainless ones were hit and miss.

DPris

Buckeye
Add note:
The first Lipsey's .44 Spec edition will be a limited run & may not be a configuration you'll like.
If not, a more traditional Lipsey's version is still in the works.
Denis

jules

Single-Sixer
IMG_1553.png

32magfan

Blackhawk
I bought the 3" version that came out first. I like it very much. My shooting buddy bought a 4" blued .357 this week and I realized that I don't own any Ruger double actions that are blued, only stainless models :shock: I may have to rectify that glaring omission in my eclectic accumulation with this beauty.

Hopefully, they will be available soon... I should have looked in the classifieds first. One is for sale already!!!

32Magfan

41-44-45-48

Single-Sixer
Why does everybody freak out when they see MSRP? Once it hits the streets the premium over any other GP-100 will be marginal to non-existent. In fact I bet the MSRP for other GP-100s is within a few bucks of that one.

choirboy

Bearcat
When someone gets their hands on one of these pictures would be nice. The one on the Lipseys site looks like a drawing.

MrBill

Bearcat
choirboy said:
When someone gets their hands on one of these pictures would be nice. The one on the Lipseys site looks like a drawing.

I agree, I want to see a better pic then the stock photo. :lol:

sp327

Single-Sixer
Thumbcocker said:
After sending my 3" back to the factory twice I will wait a while on this one.
Yes this one better be done right otherwise they are going to be doing a lot of reblueing

Legionnaire

Single-Sixer
I'll wait a while, too. Really like my 3-inch .44 spl, and definitely want a longer-barreled one. My personal preference would be stainless; 5-inch would be great, but 4 would do.

contender85

Single-Sixer
choirboy said:

Here you go, just got a couple of them in, they are posted in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Mark

Latest posts