glock vs sr9 test on sat !!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
sorry about the wait guys! well there was no winner yet.
he only had 1000 rds so i said ok and we both took 1000 rds ( i actually grabbed 1 round extra)
he shot it right out of the box and it had a few FTF's during break in.
but then we cleaned and lubed it with Militec-1 and Wilson combat grease(same way i do my SR9) and he was good to go, not one FTF in the 1000 round contest we shot!
My SR9 shot 1001 rds, he ran out of ammo and i Brought one extra round just to say I shot more :)
I also went through the ammo faster than he did ( uptula speed loader)
my gun was more accurate with either shooter his gun shot very VERY low.l

we were shooting at 21'.

but the best part of the whole night is we both brought our GF's, and mine shot my MarkIII 678 target, and his GF shot her Remington 20ga
and my GF was better with the .22 than the other girl was with a scoped shotty! :)

Now neither gun had a FTF but i did shoot 1 more round then him so that means i won right? :)

good fun night :)

Mike J

Hunter
Glad you had fun. Sounds like the guns functioned about like I figured they would.

sicboy13

Single-Sixer
a GLOCK!?!?!? good thing no one was hurt!

1260344657968.gif

:wink: :wink:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
so i just talked to him again, he said he has a new respect for Rugers after sat night. :)
NOW he wants to go and shoot and just compare the 2 guns side by side at the range. I think hes Falling for my SR9 :D
Ruger 1 Glock 0

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
So our other friend Matt ( hes an explorer, thats a cop in training) went and shot with Nick(Glock boy) today, Matt has a M&P .40.( which i will say is a very nice gun!, but about as ugly as a Glock lol)
they both shot today and Matt has the same opinion i do about the Glock vs Ruger.
he dident like the way the Glock handles at all very uncomfortable and it shot very low for him 2!!!!! so we are going to play with the sights on the Glock for Nick to see if we can get it shooting a little higher
at 21' we were seeing it shoot about 3-4" low .

they shot about 100 rds.

even though Matts dad ( who is a city cop) pushed nick to get the Glock.
Matt still thinks Nick would have been better off getting a SR9 and saving the $100 ......... THATS WHAT I SAID IN THE BEGINNING!!!

they really need to start listening to me *roll eyes*

gtsting

Bearcat
If I were Nick, I wouldn't feel at all bad about the performance of the Glock. When you stop and think about it, both pistols performed acceptably well.

The one point I would consider to be a differentiating factor would be weight. Published weight (unloaded) for each pistol is as follows:

G23 = 21.16 oz
SR9 = 26.50 oz

In the end, the Glock weighs 5.34 ounces (i.e. 20%) less than the SR9. If the pistols are to be used as "house" guns then it does not matter. If, however, they will be used as CCW's, then the Glock will, obviously, be lighter at the belt.

recoilguy

Bearcat
I put a new Ghost trigger in one of the SR9's and went to the range and put 400 rounds down with both of them about 150 in the regular one and 250 in the one with the new trigger. The Ghost make a difference. If you like your SR9 now you would love my green one with the Ghost. I can't imagine shooting until it fails.

RCG

driver52

Bearcat
I have a SR 9 and a G23....I like 'em both but I'm more accurate with the Glock, I don't know why, but I am. It's got me thinking about getting a G19, although I may have to get rid of the SR 9 to do it....... :(

P.S. The SR 9 has been flawless from the begining.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
In terms of out-of-the-box reliability, I'm betting on Glock. How many posts have you read here about "light strikes?" And the guys blame those on the ammo. That's called failure to face reality, and ya can't fix your gun that way.
I have real doubts that the ammo has anything to do with it, unless the guy is shooting cheap Russian stuff. There is bad ammo out there, but it isn't WWB and it isn't Federal. I've shot many thousands of these, and don't recall a light strike. 95% of it with Colt and Glock.
Sonnytoo

Latest posts