glock vs sr9 test on sat !!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
my buddy is picking up a G23c .40 tomorrow and hes already talking how Glock's are better than Rugers and he hasn't even shot it yet!!! :roll:
I told him id let him shoot up to 250 rds to break it in, then he can clean it. then we are going to do a "shoot off" till one gun fails ( ammo related failures dont count unless they are light primer strikes)
Im happy Wal-mart has 9mm ammo in stock lol
and dont worry, I wont fail you guys :D

wish me luck :!:

BTW we giving extra points for accuracy at between 20-30 feet so I already have him beat there :wink:

p.s. O yeah loser buys the winner all the ammo they shot 8)

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
a long time ago I did the same, me and my p89, and my brother
and his glock 17.
The 17 jammed first, around round 300, it wasn't a huge number.
The p89 I still own, I have no idea how much ammo it has shot,
good ammo, cheap ammo, iffy ammo, the gun has never burped.
I hope your SR has the same luck.

gtsting

Bearcat
Nothing like a head-to-head hardware test for bragging rights. I will be watching this thread for a detailed report of the results.

I have no experience whatsoever with the SR9, but the Glock's reputation preceeds it.

For what it's worth, my prediction is that the Glock will win. (No offense/hard feelings to all the SR9 owners out there.)

ruger_fan

Bearcat
I'll be watching the results too (new SR9c owner).

However, unless the test methodology between the two guns (any two guns) is equivalent (same ammo, fired from same gun vise, etc. etc.), then it's a bit of a stretch for a comparison, as there are too many variables.

I guess I've been watching MythBusters too much......

revhigh

Hawkeye
There's generally no need to break in a Glock. Clean, lube very lightly, and you're good to go.

I hope you got a lot of ammo 2F4Y !

REV

Mike J

Hunter
Makes me think about some of the "I shot 1000" threads I have seen posted where a bunch of guys get together with different brand pistols & try to shoot 1000 rounds to see which platforms will fail. IIRC the last on I saw posted a Glock won & a P95 was second place.
From what I remember about those threads the most problems encountered were caused by handloads & magazines. Good Luck-Like Sonnytoo said that could get expensive for someone.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
So I woke up this morning smiling because I'm getting excited for Saturday!

we are both shooting a mix of Winchester and Federal ammo.

ill check in later and let you know if anything changes

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Most modern guns would make this a very expensive competition. How many rounds do you have through your Ruger as a new Glock that is not broken in is at a disadvantage here. Also, is your Ruger a 40 too :wink: If not, you are not using the same ammo so tough to make any real conclusions of gun vs gun?

Still, I am curious to see how this works out. Wish you were closer as I would put my Glock 19 or Glock 17 against your Ruger but I can't afford to split the ammo cost when we had a draw after a couple thousand rounds :wink:

jhearne

Buckeye
In the 1000 Round test they've done over the past 2 years, most any pistol could enter in whatever caliber they chose. 9mm was popular due to cost. But like said before, most problems were Ammo (handloads usually) or Mag related.

Josh

revhigh

Hawkeye
My guess is they'll BOTH win .... both guns should go through 1000 rounds without a hickup no sweat.

REV

leejack

Single-Sixer
I will go with the revs prediction on this one. :D I too think both guns will win and do 1000 trouble free rounds.

Now, get out there and kick your Glock buddys butt! :D

Lee

NixieTube

Blackhawk
All hoopla aside, do the test correctly by reporting any and all anomalies in each gun throughout the course of fire from the moment the first trigger is pulled.

Don't pull any punches on the facts, report what you accurately observe.

Have fun! May the best gun win.

recoilguy

Bearcat
I own 2 SR9's and a Glock. I don't have enough ammo to do that competition. I would like to see the results. I have shot 2K plus through one of my SR's and 1500 through the Glock. Neither failed yet.

I hope youhave a lot of time and a lot of fun!!!!!!

RCG

bub

Single-Sixer
Just make sure that your friend does put a few through the Glock and make sure it really is good to go before you start testing. Right after they came out, I bought a G26. TONS of malfs during the first 200 rds or so....FTF, FTE, you name it, it probably did it. After about 200 rds, it was like flipping a switch- it straightened up and has been flawless ever since. This particular gun needed a break-in. The G21 that I carry on duty has been flawless since day one, no break-in period needed. Two different results with a grand total of two individual samples.

I'll admit that I am a radical Glock fanboy. Myself, I think that most of the Glock handguns (aside from the .40 models, I had one of the dreaded kaBooms! in a G23 with factory ammo) are the best combat handguns ever made. Even so, post your results. It should be interesting to find out exactly what happened. I'd bet on the Glock for the win, but I may be wrong. Let us know!

Bub

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
I'm betting on a tie :roll:
I doubt either one can run enough ammo in one day to have a GUN related failure :shock:

Latest posts