Gadzooks, TEN new lines of guns.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
wow, a new production facility to feed our addictions. I'm curious what those three projects are that are currently on ice for lack of engineers and facilities.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Oh boy, that's sad. Ruger probably wants all new state-of-the-art machinery of it's choosing anyway and the plant is most likely too small for 10 new lines. But wouldn't it be ironic if they did use the old Colt plant and make Rugers under the old Colt 'Onion'?

RoverSig

Bearcat
The article has me wondering what the "10 lines" might be! Presumably this includes rifles as well as pistols and revolvers...

CraigC

Hawkeye
USFA has been out of the old Colt building for several years now. All their "new" equipment has been sold off anyway.

schloss

Single-Sixer
I'm not holding my breath on Ruger expanding the classic lines. Sorry. I'm a pessimist. They just appear to be continually leaning more towards polymer-based, whiz-bang lines. More profitable, I know.

I would really like to see a new 44 or 45 DA revolver. Something lighter and slicker. Other than that, I'd like the Gold Label to come back in 20 gauge, and some bigger SA revolvers.

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
More internet rumors from the mill: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/05/26/ruger-gun-loving-engineers/

Now to invent some juicy internet rumors:

Ruger will produce an AK-106 clone in .223 using 20 30 40 round Mini-14 magazines and a direct gas impingement system.
Ruger will bring back the .44 magnum semi-auto in a five pound package.
Ruger will produce an double-barrel assault style shotgun called "The Biden"
Ruger will produce a 7.62x51 version of the SR-556 called the SR-XG1
Ruger will bring back the Winchester 100 series clones, for the 51 serious collectors who didn't buy them the first time around.
Ruger will chamber the LCR in 5.7 FN.
Ruger will chamber the GP-100 in 10 mm to match the new SR-10.

Geoff
Who will skip the lot of them and go fondle my 4" .22LR six shot SP-101.

Corbi

Single-Sixer
The Pryor, OK Gatorade building was built new and never put into production. It is in an industrial park but might be a good fit.

I sure would like to see them in OK!!!

Corbi

wolfee

Blackhawk
My guess is they end up in Kingman, AZ. Lots of old mining processing and heavy industry there has shut down. The mills are wired for enough electricity to run half of Arizona. Friendly legislature and close to home.

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73 said:
New facility for new model lines...

cough, cough... shotguns are coming back

I would bet on a inertia semi. It will be interesting to see if such a gun will be priced on the low end, to compete with Franchi, or on the high end, toi compete with Benelli.

Maybe some kind of polymer pump to compete with the Nova.

I will not hold my breath waiting on a Gold Label or return of a new O/U.

CraigC

Hawkeye
The pessimists really need to pay attention. The sky is not falling. Look at the truckload of new offerings Ruger announced for 2013. Most are rifles and expansions of their traditional product lines. Yes, they produce several polymer autos and that market is big but they're not exactly ignoring the rest of us. :roll:

http://www.ruger.com/news/2013-01-14.html

wolfee

Blackhawk
+1 to that. But, blued, please. I have no doubt the first line will be combat/defense shotguns. Remington, Mossberg and the importers are selling these things by the gazillions. Not something I would want, but that is where the market is.

gak

Buckeye
FergusonTO35 said:
Please bring the .32 H&R back!!

+1 I think my favorite Ruger and round, perhaps tied only with a pair of .44 Specials. Wasn't given its due by the rags when it was around, or by the sheep that followed their every word (or lack of) - it deserves another go (at least as a 327)! The ammo folks didn't help either with their at best midling loads (fueling some of the rag/public indifference) - I realize a response to the weak H&R revolvers still out there, but to me lame excuse. They solved the .45 issue with "Ruger Only" labeling - how about "Not for H&R Revolvers" for warmer .32 Mag loads? Most folks with older Colts have known for years to dial it down with their early Model P's,...how 'bout the same educating of the cheapo H&R owners? You can't hold everyone's hand out there forever. Out there there's going to be/likely has been someone magnumizing a First Gen SAA and blowin' it up. Can't save idiots. An old song I keep singing - rant over!

I'd be happy with a Red Label with a light alloy frame and breech inserts of some tough stuff (titanium?) like the Beretta Ultralite doubles.

And bring back the .32 Single Six with a longer cylinder.