Flattop 44 mag!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Wanted one of these my whole life. Flattop Blackhawk in 44 Mag!
blackhawk 44 Flattop 4.jpg

Attachments

• blackhawk 44 flattop 3.jpg
    blackhawk 44 flattop 3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 45

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Gorgeous! That was the 2nd Ruger I bought, after a Super Single Six.
I paid $85 including holster and belt in about 1965. It was used but like new. Somebody got tired of shooting 44 mags and didn't know about 44 Spl I guess.

It's still in the family. It now has a NM Flattop Blackhawk XR3 steel grip frame, super Blackhawk hammer and trigger. Original parts carefully stored away.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Sweet Victory..... :D
We LOVE them old Flattops....
I got mine in 2022...!!!! They are worth waiting for.

J.

bocash3

Bearcat
Beautiful OM Blackhawk!!!

Having several OM Super Blackhawks, I never really (seriously) had adding an original Flat Top to the mix of OM's in the vault.

HOWEVER...................... in 2016, I was on a buying roll at the Asheville Gun Show and had already purchased two fine older Smith revolvers.

SPOTTED a Flat Top .44 mag Blackhawk. It jumped out at me. Resisting, I walked around the room again then lightning hit. I almost ran back to that seller's table from far side of the room.

We negotiated a price of $800 and cash exchanged hands. I thought high at the time but have never regretted adding it to the pile. It was a 95% piece, no box, typical 6 1/2", and dated to 1957 I baby it mostly shooting bunny fart .44 Special reloads that I load down to about 700 FPS.

Love those older ones that go CLick Click Click CLick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts