Ducks Unlimited 22/45 ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Welcome to the forum.
I don't know if the DU designation adds a premium. Sure it must for some DU folks or a hard core collector,
⬆️ This would be my expectation, as well.

Maybe 15 years ago, I bought a "used" Remington 870 Express w/the NWTF logo cast into the receiver. I say "used" because I don't think the action had been worked ten times- including any test firing, from the factory! 😂 It was presumed to have been a "banquet gun" that didn't find a permanent home, with its winner.

It's a 12-gauge, 3.5" chambered gun with a 24" barrel. It's got the NWTF seal cast(?) right into the receiver. Might have been machined, then covered with the "not quite Parkerizing" finish they used to put on those guns. I don't know if that was a bead-blasted blue, or what… but I've had several, all of which were prone to rusting. 😳🤬

I was shopping for a short "turkey barrel" for an existing 870 Express that I already had. I was hoping for a few inches shorter, but this thing was about $20 more than the accessory barrel, alone. Kind of a "no-brainer!"

As the youngsters might say, "Sorry, not sorry!" for the thread highjack.

contender

Ruger Guru
Values for such guns is subjective to how many people want something like a special DU gun.
Breaking it down a bit.
We have DU people who love to collect DU items.
We have Ruger fans who collect Rugers,, and especially rarer or very low production items. (Just like Rick, the OP of this very old post.)

There are probably more Ruger .22 semi-auto collectors more interested in a gun like this than there are DU collectors.
As such,, around here it'll get more attention/value than most other places. Values on such a gun are just a guess due to the very few who know of them, and want them. If it were in MY collection, and I was valuing it for MY insurance or possibly re-sale,, I'd value it at $600.00.

Race0335

Bearcat
If anyone has any interest:

hittman

Staff member
No buyers at $500 but only been for sale about 10 days …..

Latest posts