Ruger #1 45-70 Model 11365

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Being a pretty serious, long time 45-70 Govt aficionado, I bought one of these around 10 years ago. 26" Tropical weight barrel with a gorgeous Circassian Walnut stock, they were a pretty limited edition production run... Does anyone know the exact quantity made?

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but does your particular rifle chamber the 500gr Hornady solid? I had to have my standard-weight No.1 reamed to accept that round, but curious if yours dies from the factory. That sure sounds like a keeper!

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Sorry I cannot answer your question, but does your particular rifle chamber the 500gr Hornady solid? I had to have my standard-weight No.1 reamed to accept that round, but curious if yours dies from the factory. That sure sounds like a keeper!
This rifle has never had anything other than cast bullets through it, but it chambers 550 gr Postsell's from my Steve Brooks mold without any problems...I know my older 70's Red Pad 22" #1 45-70 will chamber the Hornady 500 gr SP's without any difficulty...Perhaps they throated them for heavy bullets at the factory back then?

Feel free to post a pic of your rifle. There's not a more beautiful rifle than a No.1 with heavy contour barrel with blued steel and figured wood.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Here you are...It currently wears a 6X Leupold.

4q5WLO7.jpg

W5bHHTU.jpg

G2

Hunter
Yes you ruined it. Send it my way, I will try and wear that stuff off.😁

Ruined it for the few that will want one in original condition,,, I'm one that appreciates quality enhancements.

Remember, One has to part ways to recognize any gain, which usually comes with more regrets than gains.

Latest posts