Goal Achieved- OM Blackhawk .45 Colts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Thanks to the Ruger Forum Classifieds and twriggen, I have completed my goal of an OM Blackhawk in all the calibers, (except the .45 and .357/9mm Convertibles, which I'm not interested in). I also have many of the barrel lengths, except the real long ones. These OM's filled two of those empty spots. Who knows what will surface next? We'll see...

contender

Ruger Guru
Kudos on reaching your goal.
Many is the collector who started out by "Getting one in each caliber." Then it became; "I need one in each caliber AND each barrel length."
Often,, that's followed by; "Well, they made them in brass grip frames,, so I need to find those"
A very fun, sometimes frustrating, yet truly a slippery slope! Don't ask me how I know,,,,! :D

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
1694906050136.png

...sounds like it is working out for you, way to go,,,we skipped OGCA and went to Maumee Valley Gun collectors over in Bowling Green, and were some NICE RUgers there fairly priced; like an #18,xxx RST Red Eagle for $500...........hhhmmm too close in numbers to the one Laura already has,,besides we went to visit Bev. Don W's widow been too long since the "old goat " passed away..Don W., and Wil Terry are in a better place now,may they rest in peace...........:cry:
.......so like Contender says "continue your quest". it's all good......(y)(y)

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Thanks to the Ruger Forum Classifieds and twriggen, I have completed my goal of an OM Blackhawk in all the calibers, (except the .45 and .357/9mm Convertibles, which I'm not interested in). I also have many of the barrel lengths, except the real long ones. These OM's filled two of those empty spots. Who knows what will surface next? We'll see...
Why are you not interested in the two most popular Blackhawk calibers?

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Contender is correct, I am not interested in getting the convertibles. I've even passed up a number of OM Blackhawk .357's. In fact, a week before I got the .44 OM Flattop Blackhawk, I passed on a nice OM .357 6 1/2". Glad I did, when I got the .44 Flattop. Now that I've accomplished this goal, the next goal will be barrel lengths (maybe). Depends on a number of things. Meanwhile enjoying the fun one day at a time.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Okay. So he didn't get a .45 or a .357/9mm convertible. So what others are there? Guess he got a .44 and a .357. That's far from them all. So he got a .30C too. I think he should get a .45. :D

contender

Ruger Guru
OM Blackhawks were in the following calibers;
.30 Carbine
.41 Magnum
.44 Mag
.45 Colt

Than there are the convertibles;
.38/357 & .9mm
.45 acp & .45 Colt

Then the Flattop variation;
.44 Mag

Throw in various barrel lengths, brass grip frames, minor variations in each model, Transition variations, etc.
Lots of areas to "add" to a collection.

MANY is the budding Ruger SA gatherer,, who says; "I want one in each caliber." Then, as they begin the search, they realize all the different ones,,,, even within the basic calibers.
I've heard that comment often enough,, that when the OP mentioned he'd achieved his goal, I just figured he'd reached the basic goal of the 5 main calibers. Especially since he mentioned NOT wanting the convertibles.
And it often happens that once these 5 basic calibers are found,, then they begin the search for the barrel lengths,, or the convertibles, or the brassies, etc. etc.

So, instead of questioning things,, why can't we all be happy for the OP for reaching HIS personal goal?

twriggen

Single-Sixer
I started out looking for one of each caliber. Once that goal was completed, it changed to replace them with first year boxed versions. The hunt never ends, the goal simply changes.

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
My point exactly twriggen.

Long ago, I got my first .357 OM Blackhawk. All I could afford. Then, I stumbled into an OM .44 Super Blackhawk, that after all the swapping, selling & such, was actually free due to the way I bought a package. Then, the Single-Sixes started sneaking in.
I soon followed with wanting one in each caliber, followed by barrel lengths, and so on. The hunt never ends,, the goal just keep changing.
THAT'S the fun of it all! (Well, next to shooting them!)

Latest posts