Collectability of a ruger No 1 Rifle in 22 Hornet

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
I have a Ruger 1B in 22H in excellent condition that I purchased new some years ago. Several shooters from my gun club claim this rifle is very collectable and brings a premium price compared to the other various calibers of #1 riles. Supposedly Ruger made very few rifles in 22 Hornet. Any comments or advice any astute collectors can give me. Not particularly interested in selling this rifle since I enjoy shooting it it and its a real tack driver with good hand loaded ammo.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
They're fairly scarce, desirable and sought after by many. I HAD one, but made the mistake of trading it to a family member who couldn't hold on to anything very long...Hope to procure another someday to recharger to K-Hornet.

loaded round

Hunter
They're fairly scarce, desirable and sought after by many. I HAD one, but made the mistake of trading it to a family member who couldn't hold on to anything very long...Hope to procure another someday to recharger to K-Hornet.
Just happened to be on the Ruger Forum and read your post. I have a like new Ruger 77-22H that I had professionally converted to 22 K-Hornet to increase my case life (I do reload) This is the HB 77-22 with the brown laminated stock and scoped with a decent quality scope. Always could keep my shots under 1'' If you are all all interested , I will take pictures and include all specs. Am at an age now, where 'm doing more talking and less shooting. This for reading my post and I will offer you a fair deal if interested. Also have 22 K-Hornet dies to include with sale.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
They are not "scarce" as Ruger single shots go, but some will pay a slight premium for them due to their oddity or a love of the Hornet. Ruger catalogued the 1B 22 Hornet for many years. Truly scarce/collectible Ruger No. Ones are the ones with fewer than 250 (or 100 depending on who you ask) examples having been made.

Latest posts