Hankus

Blackhawk
My little Tribe of Birdsheads…
45/45acp flattop
45/45acp Vaquero
327 FM
22/22M
50286667097_e39a7e9738_k.jpg

A couple of basket cases that are in progress…
51750706756_042af9d6ad_k.jpg

Top gun was a 6.5" Bisley that was left in the holster with snow and degrated the last 2" of barrel. It's currently cut down to 3.6, The Bisley Grip Frame changed out to the Brass Birdshead and a 22 Magnum Cylinder fitted up.

Bottom gun was a rough 22 WMR marked gun that had a Broken Grip Frame, I had the OM Brass Birdshead kicking around and did a chop re-weld making a OM Bisley spurred Hammer.
Where are you finding the basket cases?

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
The New Model Blackhawk/Vaquero/New Vaquero platforms are so flexible. If a variation you want has not been made by Ruger or can't be found, then you can pretty well make one yourself. That is if you have the all the parts. I have been looking for a stainless Bisley in 44 mag for a long time but to no avail. I finally have the parts and a 'spare' Super Blackhawk so I going to build my own.
I have wondered what a 7 1/2" barreled Birdshead gripped revolver would look like and now I know. A little unbalanced to my eye, but I like it.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
I like my birdshead .45 Colt or shortie SBH in .44 carried cross draw while fishing. Since I cast left handed and shoot with my right, if a gator, snake or other creature came at me, I could draw, shoot and not drop my fishing pole :)

PS, I know the grips have proud metal but I can't feel it or a pea under my mattress or the proud metal under my hand..

Attachments

• ruger_vaquero.jpg
    ruger_vaquero.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 33
  • ruger_sbh_shortie_r.jpg
    ruger_sbh_shortie_r.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Latest posts