Backstrap on your SR - just curious

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Definitely arched.I have long fingers and the arch fits better in the skin between thumb and finger for a more correct trigger pull. Every little bit helps and this seems to do the job.

A

Anonymous

Originally I had the flat piece, but I switched to the curved one and I noticed it points better, and on target with the arched piece and I even have smaller hands...but that's just me. Everyone is different.

Tam 212

Single-Sixer
Tried arched and flat and for my smaller hands, flat works better. Like NixieTube, I can operate the controls better.

Firing grip is better and drawing/presenting is easier, for me, also.

A

Anonymous

Mine is arched, but I wanted some extra- I don't know what to call it- grip for lack of a better explanation. So I got a Pachmayr slip-on, they're only like $9, and as good as the 9c felt in my hand, it's even better with the slip-on.

Buckshot555

Bearcat
I liked the feeling in my hands better with it arched, but apparently my shooting doesn't. I shot way too far to the right with the arch and dead center without it.

So without it stays!

THauch33

Bearcat
jeffadaklin, what size grip did you get? Or what size for the SR9 would you recommend? Their website says they have 5 sizes. Where did you purchase yours?
Thanks

jeffadaklin said:
Mine is arched, but I wanted some extra- I don't know what to call it- grip for lack of a better explanation. So I got a Pachmayr slip-on, they're only like $9, and as good as the 9c felt in my hand, it's even better with the slip-on.

whodeani

Bearcat
I prefer arched also. It is just as comfortable with it flat, but having it arched pushes my hand back that much more making it easier to sweep on the manual safety with my thumb if I choose to.

Amazon Hunter

Bearcat
My SR40 is arched and I also purchased a Hogue rubber grip for it.
It was hard getting on but once I got it on the grip feels much better than just the bare grip.