And now .357 ...Ruger Newsroom... Marlin 1894 .44 Mag !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sapo

Single-Sixer
Scuse ignorance, but if the rifle was originally made in 1894 or shortly thereafter? ...and supposed to be a classic, shouldn't it be an octagon barrel? Was lathing advanced enough in those days to not be so expensive to make the round barrels? Round barrels = lighter barrels, right?
Classic has many meanings.

Yoter

Bearcat
$1239 retail with a 9 round capacity (10 with 38 special) and 18.6 inch barrel. Not ideal for cowboy action shooters who need 10 rounds. Priced about the same as an 1873 replica and almost twice as much as a Rossi R92.

Sapo

Single-Sixer
$1239 retail with a 9 round capacity (10 with 38 special) and 18.6 inch barrel. Not ideal for cowboy action shooters who need 10 rounds. Priced about the same as an 1873 replica and almost twice as much as a Rossi R92.
Yessir. Agreed. You think they'd see that!!

I doubt that Marlin is going to have only one version of of the 1894 in 357/38. They just made the model that they felt would be the most popular initially, and that makes complete sense. Pricing is what the market will bear, and will adjust accordingly. If it doesn't sell, the price will go down (or get shelved), if it does sell well, the price will hold. It wouldn't make sense to tailor the initial offering to a niche market like CAS, but I'm sure that a compatible model will be along shortly.

Cholo

Staff member
Wouldn't it meet the requirement with a full magazine and one in the chamber, or is that not allowed?

> Chamber one in 454 Casull/45 Colt and I will be interested

If we are going to dream... I'm still unhappy that I missed the limited run of .480 lever actions. Make one of those and I'll pay the high price!

Yoter

Bearcat
Wouldn't it meet the requirement with a full magazine and one in the chamber, or is that not allowed?
One round would have to be chambered, then another round loaded in the magazine immediately afterwards. Lose time against the clock compared to loading ten and firing.