A "new" COLT I drug home.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
I picked this up at the last OGCA show.... a 1912 1911 Government....only 105 years young....

Lots of FIRE BLUE and has the original KEY HOLE MAG TOO.....RR

radicalrod

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
Neato!!

Please tell me you're gonna shoot it a little bit. It deserves to be exercised, not chained up.

:)

I doubt that I will shoot it....parts are super hard to find if something happens....I just like the way it looks....RR

radicalrod

Hunter
pruger45 said:
I didn't think the government models were so highly polished?

The very early commercials were along with the military ones too....

until the military asked them to not make them this shiny .....RR

Get Wood

Single-Sixer
Radical, You Must Have A Good Eye. You Always Find The Best .... Your Pal. You Used Your OOUUGGAAAA Horn On. Congrats.

That's probably a couple of good Flattops laying there huh? Although I'm not educated on the Colt's I'm sure it's worthy to be in your collection. Do you even look at Rugers anymore (at gunshows)?

radicalrod

Hunter
jussbad said:
That's probably a couple of good Flattops laying there huh? Although I'm not educated on the Colt's I'm sure it's worthy to be in your collection. Do you even look at Rugers anymore (at gunshows)?

G Dog, sure I do......I still check every serial number on every RUGER I see :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking for that little S mark too :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just way easier to find COLTS as they are a dime a dozen :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't worry I am a RUGER MAN all the way....but I do enjoy the COLTS too.....RR

pete44ru

Hunter

CONGRATS ! !

Early commercial Model 1911's are hard to find in that condition.

The last one I came across for sale was dozens of years ago @ an LGS for $2500 - and it wasn't in as nice condition as yours, RR.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
jussbad said:
HAWKEYE#28 said:
ROD IS NOT ALONE............ 8)
I know Splitz. I've heard stories about the commotion inside some of your safes and the name calling from the Ruger gals inside. :wink: :D

Gary, I am having a tough time "at the ball"........ The Hawkeye Girls and the RSSE Brothers are thinking that they can kick the 1911 Browning Brothers' posteriors... I have attempted counseling for them and have taken the position that they will be soundly trounced if they attempt this foolishness. As proof, I noted the fact that all generations of the BB 1911 Family have been "out there" for 110 years fighting in every minor and major conflict or war. Rugers do not have that pedigree and are mere kids to these dances............Turned down the lights and tried to get the 1911 bunch to have a spokesman lecture on their history . Sadly, none will tell any tales of individual combat, even though they and their leather show combat scars and inked notations...........OH OH...........Now the SR1911's are arguing on the Browning Boys' side..........Gotta go......... :roll: :shock:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Rod,

That's a beauty. Bought my first in 1960 just like that one, $55. Still have it.

Many don't realize how special it is besides the very early full polish finish and keyhole mag:

Short round ended flute at front end of slide
Rounded rear sight
Tapered knife blade front sight

The 1911 is the only semi-auto I appreciate including the first Ace with 4 3/4" barrel, pre Service Ace.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hondo44 said:
Rod,

That's a beauty. Bought my first in 1960 just like that one, $55. Still have it.

Many don't realize how special it is besides the very early full polish finish and keyhole mag:

Short round ended flute at front end of slide
Rounded rear sight
Tapered knife blade front sight

The 1911 is the only semi-auto I appreciate including the first Ace with 4 3/4" barrel, pre Service Ace.

I wish I had got mine for $55 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: RR

chet15

Hawkeye
I didn't know there were any Commercial serial numbered guns that had Government markings.
Chet15